The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Was talking to the boy, who seems quite excited about the game on Monday. He asked if I had been to a Falkirk game at Somerset when I was around his age.

Does anyone remember a game in 03/04, Campbell money was the manager and I'm convinced the score was Ayr 2-3 Falkirk 🤔 Russell latapy and John Hughes stick in my mind (more than half my lifespan ago 😅)

Was it a cup game?

I think David Craig and Lee Hardy scored for us.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Was it a cup game?

I think David Craig and Lee Hardy scored for us.

I'm not sure 😅 honestly couldn't tell you. Just know I was there, shouting profanities at Latapy, as I saw him cheating for Rankers in the cup final a couple years prior. David Craig was some player though, could do with a player like that nowadays.

Actually, I think that Falkirk team beat rankers 1-0 the next season 🤔🙄 never heard the end of that at school, hated being the only Ayr fan at an Ayr School.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

I'm not sure 😅 honestly couldn't tell you. Just know I was there, shouting profanities at Latapy, as I saw him cheating for Rankers in the cup final a couple years prior. David Craig was some player though, could do with a player like that nowadays.

Actually, I think that Falkirk team beat rankers 1-0 the next season 🤔🙄 never heard the end of that at school, hated being the only Ayr fan at an Ayr School.

I was the only Ayr fan at a London school. That was some laugh.

I was only ayr fan at a primary school very close to Kilmarnock. I remember in 97 when they got too the final. The whole school had to make good luck cards  .I made a good luck ayr united and had cut stevie kerrigan out a magazine for the front of it ..ftk

Just looking at the fixtures for this month and trying not to get carried away. 

Apart from Dundee away we play all bottom 3 teams Hamilton, Arbroath and Cove which then takes us into April.

I know it's the hope that kills you and this league is unpredictable af so not even going to say anymore than that.

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just looking at the fixtures for this month and trying not to get carried away. 

Apart from Dundee away we play all bottom 3 teams Hamilton, Arbroath and Cove which then takes us into April.

I know it's the hope that kills you and this league is unpredictable af so not even going to say anymore than that.

Hamilton are no mugs anymore, they recruited really well and have had an upturn in form recently 

Arbroath can beat anyone on their day especially at gayfield.

Cove are the only ones I’m more confident about but even then they have added a few bodies since we last played. 

With me saying all this if  we turn up and play the best we can, we can beat anyone in this league 

Hilarious that we now have the odd person deciding that putting your leg forward, with studs down is now an out of control challenge - genuinely absolutely wild. Take away the shirt pull element if you want - it still isn’t a red card. 

There isn’t anything close to excessive force, or endangering an opponent either.  

9 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Fear Bangala! Who doesn't!?

IMG_20230308_225410-01.jpeg

Forgot he existed. Went onto the Cove thread to see if there was any chat about how he’s getting on. Absolutely hilarious review of his performances so far from one of them.

I really wish it had worked out for him as he seems like a great guy who tries his heart out, but unfortunately he’s absolutely appalling. Am I right that he’s on a 2 year deal? Would need to try to loan him out to League 1 or probably more likely League 2 next year.

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Any feedback on ticket sales for Monday? Be good to see a decent away support for this.

I'd like to think the result on Tuesday will have convinced a few more that were on the fence about traveling through. 

Monday night isn't ideal, but it's a cup QF so I'd love for us to take at least 1000.