The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Can’t be serious surely? The video on the left is absolutely conclusive. He goes forward and puts his leg out, and would have been in total control and standing up, had he not been pulled backwards whilst one foot is off the ground and already in forward motion, which pulls his leg upwards and body downwards/backwards.

There’s nothing he can do there about being out of control, it’s is caused entirely by the blatant foul on him. It’s a dreadful decision at the time, but an utterly scandalous one to not be rescinded on viewing that footage (which presumably the panel had).

His leg isn't involuntarily thrown towards his opponent because he has been pulled backwards.  

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Behave 

His shirt was being pulled which in turn caused him to fall back and lose control of where he was going. I said previously that regardless of how poor the highlights are you can still clearly see it’s not a sending off. I’m not entirely convinced he makes contact with Duffy. If his shirt isn’t being pulled back then he doesn’t make the “tackle” as he wouldn’t have to stretch for the ball as much as he did. 

His shirt is pulled before he sticks his leg out, it's dangerous play as he isn't in control - he is somewhat unlucky in that he was able to keep his leg low but it was dangerous to put his leg out like that while not in control of himself and could very easily have hurt someone.  

Would all have been avoided if the referee reacted to the shirt pull in the first place but I can't see how we thought we had footage that showed it wasn't serious foul play.  

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

His leg isn't involuntarily thrown towards his opponent because he has been pulled backwards.  

His shirt is pulled before he sticks his leg out, it's dangerous play as he isn't in control - he is somewhat unlucky in that he was able to keep his leg low but it was dangerous to put his leg out like that while not in control of himself and could very easily have hurt someone.  

Would all have been avoided if the referee reacted to the shirt pull in the first place but I can't see how we thought we had footage that showed it wasn't serious foul play.  

Just rewatched it frame by frame to make sure I wasn’t imagining it. Picture shows when the pull back starts, and his leg is clearly raised off the ground. The first bit of your post here is factually incorrect. The inertia of his forward movement before the pull mean that his already raised leg is thrown upwards and his body is thrown backwards, all whilst still moving forwards, it’s the physics of the situation. There is nothing he can do to stop what happens because of the shirt pull.

0187F464-9728-4732-99D5-AA856A9B31E9.png

Edited by Honest_Man#1

52 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's quite a bit of fantasy - he was pulled backwards which made him to fall forwards?

I've got the footage here and can't definitely say that this is not the serious foul play that I have listed in bold below.  

That's even more conclusive that the Inverness player caused it by dragging him back !!!

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You don't ban the car for hitting the pedestrian, you ban the driver !!

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There's only one way to clear this up 

Video Assistant Referee (VAR) Q&A | Scottish FA | News

If VAR extended to the Championship then the SFA would only have to dig even deeper in to what I shall laughingly call the "referee talent pool" to meet the needs of two VAR divisions.

Based on the quality of the officials we are now seeing in the Champion - due to just the Premiership's VAR resource needs - that would result in the lower Divisions being referred 100% by completely clueless numpties.

Hang on, you may be onto something here..... 🤔

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
typos

With our horrendous highlights trying to identify players is hard enough let alone their limbs. It gives the SFA an easy out as they say the footage is hard to discern. Also you need the cunto of a ref to admit he erred. I fully expect he didn't.

The club should definitley give the SFA it tight. More generally, I'm sick fed up of abject refereeing and refs being above criticism. It's a nonsense, they are treated like a protected species. Also McLean getting Ayr matches. Statistically (our results) show he is the worst referee we have ever encountered. I wonder why that is?

Incompetent fuckers. They aren't smart enough to be corrupt tbf. Fucking eejits.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just rewatched it frame by frame to make sure I wasn’t imagining it. Picture shows when the pull back starts, and his leg is clearly raised off the ground. The first bit of your post here is factually incorrect. The inertia of his forward movement before the pull mean that his already raised leg is thrown upwards and his body is thrown backwards, all whilst still moving forwards, it’s the physics of the situation. There is nothing he can do to stop what happens because of the shirt pull.

0187F464-9728-4732-99D5-AA856A9B31E9.png

Frame by frame, his leg didn't get thrust up, it went straight in. As all accounts attest he had little control due to the shirt pull, that's easily adjudged to be serious foul play.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Frame by frame, his leg didn't get thrust up, it went straight in. As all accounts attest he had little control due to the shirt pull, that's easily adjudged to be serious foul play.

I’m obviously watching a different video.

272A1424-B41C-4450-9B7E-920CB8440F3D.png

Maybe this is a daft idea, but could we not have asked for some kind of supporting statement or something from ICT if they didn't feel it was a red card either?

I know they won the match and probably wouldn't care that we have a player suspended, but still. It would be good if clubs showed some solidarity in calling out bad refereeing decisions.

It doesn't matter if St Peter himself drifted down from the clouds with a crisp 4x overhead shot of the incident. In order for an appeal to be successful, the official has to concede that he may have been in error. And there was about as much chance of that happening here as there is of Douglas Ross joining the International Brigades.

Was talking to the boy, who seems quite excited about the game on Monday. He asked if I had been to a Falkirk game at Somerset when I was around his age.

Does anyone remember a game in 03/04, Campbell money was the manager and I'm convinced the score was Ayr 2-3 Falkirk 🤔 Russell latapy and John Hughes stick in my mind (more than half my lifespan ago 😅)