The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Really hoping we get a club statement absolutely tearing into the SFA soon, and including the evidence of how inept they are. 

Honestly been waiting for it all day, better no be a let down haha.

Appealing or some sort of statement is fine, but the damage was done on Saturday. The decision cost us a point or 3. In a ridiculously tight league we could have been sitting second with 3 reasonably favourable fixtures in the next 4 and QP to come at home. It could be a very expensive red card.

22 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Appealing or some sort of statement is fine, but the damage was done on Saturday. The decision cost us a point or 3. In a ridiculously tight league we could have been sitting second with 3 reasonably favourable fixtures in the next 4 and QP to come at home. It could be a very expensive red card.

Not to mention the Scottish Cup QF tie if indeed he's banned as expected.

Having said that, it might actually have ended up as a blessing in disguise as it probably forced Bullens hand with regards to playing Maguire.

AFFADECA-0E00-4456-B7EE-DD97EAD24CEB.thumb.png.a51320eda2532d2249d3ee7bd40aea33.png

Ayr United are astounded by the decision of the Scottish FA’s disciplinary panel to reject the club’s claim of wrongful dismissal following the incident involving Daire O Connor in the match against Inverness at the weekend. Prior to submitting a claim, the club sought input from a number of current and retired Grade 1 officials to ensure the validity of the claim, and none advised that there was any likelihood of the original on field decision being upheld.

Whilst the club accepts the decision of the panel is full and binding, it has written to the Scottish FA to share its disappointment that a panel decision was communicated 90mins before team sheets were due in on the day of a match as this does not appear to be standard practice elsewhere in the game. The club also seeks further clarity over the decision in an attempt to educate the players, staff & supporters on what can constitute Serious Foul Play given the evident differences of opinion throughout the game and awaits with interest the official reasoning being issued in due course before deciding if any further comment is appropriate at that stage.

Most importantly, the entire club is behind Daire O Connor through this process - the young man has - in the opinion of the club - been unfairly denied the opportunity to appear in 2 huge games for the team and the remainder of the squad will use this as motivation for the coming matches.

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Really hoping we get a club statement absolutely tearing into the SFA soon, and including the evidence of how inept they are. 

I hope we rip into the SFA but I know that, longer term with those b*****ds, they'd hold it against us in the opposite way that they bend the knee to the sisters. Total arseholes! 

What made them feel the tackle was not serious foul play? Why was the appeal rejected? 

Without that information you have told me nothing. 

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, itzdrk said:

A big waffle of nothing.  What made them feel the tackle was not serious foul play? Why was the appeal rejected? 

Without that information you have told me nothing. 

The  fact that it wasn't a tackle may have something to do with it, he was dragged back by an opponent which caused him to fall into another opponent for which he was penalised which quite frankly is outrageous.

Every single person at Somerset on Saturday could see this, apart from, it would seem, the guy with the whistle.

He and they at the SFA had an opportunity to right a terrible wrong but instead chose to double down which is nothing short of disgraceful.

It's either complete incompetence or much worse corruption, take your pick...... 

Bullens interview with the VOR is weird, he says they proved a lot of critics wrong last night. 
Well no, the criticism was that we were underperforming and the tactics/style of play had been wrong for months. 

It’s like breaking in to your neighbours house every week and shitting on their carpet. You don’t do it one week and claim to have proved everyone wrong who said you shat on their carpet. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullens interview with the VOR is weird, he says they proved a lot of critics wrong last night. 
Well no, the criticism was that we were underperforming and the tactics/style of play had been wrong for months. 

It’s like breaking in to your neighbours house every week and shitting on their carpet. You don’t do it one week and claim to have proved everyone wrong who said you shat on their carpet. 

That’s a very specific analogy there - we’ll come back to that later 🤣

You can’t win an argument with the SFA.  The only thing they are any good at Is protecting their own. Dismal organisation that generally gets a free pass in any discussion about the 40 year decline of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The  fact that it wasn't a tackle may have something to do with it, he was dragged back by an opponent which caused him to fall into another opponent for which he was penalised which quite frankly is outrageous.

Every single person at Somerset on Saturday could see this, apart from, it would seem, the guy with the whistle.

He and they at the SFA had an opportunity to right a terrible wrong but instead chose to double down which is nothing short of disgraceful.

It's either complete incompetence or much worse corruption, take your pick...... 

That's quite a bit of fantasy - he was pulled backwards which made him to fall forwards?

I've got the footage here and can't definitely say that this is not the serious foul play that I have listed in bold below.  

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play. Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's quite a bit of fantasy - he was pulled backwards which made him to fall forwards?

I've got the footage here and can't definitely say that this is not the serious foul play that I have listed in bold below.  

Can’t be serious surely? The video on the left is absolutely conclusive. He goes forward and puts his leg out, and would have been in total control and standing up, had he not been pulled backwards whilst one foot is off the ground and already in forward motion, which pulls his leg upwards and body downwards/backwards.

There’s nothing he can do there about being out of control, it’s is caused entirely by the blatant foul on him. It’s a dreadful decision at the time, but an utterly scandalous one to not be rescinded on viewing that footage (which presumably the panel had).

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Behave 

His shirt was being pulled which in turn caused him to fall back and lose control of where he was going. I said previously that regardless of how poor the highlights are you can still clearly see it’s not a sending off. I’m not entirely convinced he makes contact with Duffy. If his shirt isn’t being pulled back then he doesn’t make the “tackle” as he wouldn’t have to stretch for the ball as much as he did. 

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That is a fucking mental decision. Feel for the boy that got sent off