The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Does McAlister not play for Ayr anymore?

But on the Dodds schooling lessons please add squeal out loud like a pig stimulating extreme pain.

McAllister is hard but he's not a cheat. 

A prime example of this was against Thistle last week, he was fouled quite badly but jumped straight up and just ran away from the incident so no action was taken against the Thistle player, then about 2 mins later Ben Dempsey put in a perfectly fair challenge but the Thistle player let out a blood curdling scream, threw himself to the ground rolling around and clutching his leg in mortal agony and of course Dempsey received a yellow, at which point the Thistle player made a Lazarus like comeback, jumped up and jogged away the picture of perfect health......

11 hours ago, jm86 said:

ICT have long had a reputation as a bunch of hammer throwers. But Dodds has taken them to a stage beyond good, honest thuggery. He has schooled them in the darker arts, such has how to dive convincingly (number of rolls optional), preferably clutching your head to ensure the ref has to stop the game. . Useful if a team appears to be making a quick break. Add in a bucket load of in your face verbal aggression, particularly aimed at refs. Handy if you want an opponent to be yellow or even red carded. So, what with thuggery, play acting, verbal harassment of refs and opponents, a veritable smorgasborg of all the worst elements of football.

It's about time we started acting like this.  We've been soft touches for years and have been on the end of half the teams in the league's players screaming like little bitches for a free kick on every contact.  Cove and Hamilton being the worst.  It also makes a change for other teams important players being put out of action for a few months.  It's about time other sides started having to play guys that wouldn't get near the starting 11 with a fully fit squad.

I remember when we played Thistle seeing clearly Brian Graham nipping and annoying the f**k out of Murdoch.  Was quite jealous and thought to myself - there is someone that will do everything he can in his power to try and win a game of football.

You always feel that winding players up is something other teams do.  We have had some over the years that have done it but very few.

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I remember when we played Thistle seeing clearly Brian Graham nipping and annoying the f**k out of Murdoch.  Was quite jealous and thought to myself - there is someone that will do everything he can in his power to try and win a game of football.

You always feel that winding players up is something other teams do.  We have had some over the years that have done it but very few.

Speaking of nipping I remember Peter Murphy getting Rory McAllister sent off. With McAllister moaning to the ref, he's nipping me. Before losing the head and getting sent off. Delicious.

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Hadn’t realised it was Dunfermline v Falkirk tonight, hope they kick lumps out each other and a resounding Pars victory 😉

Craig McGuffie to start tonight, following his 14 minute hatrick, and be anonymous is an absolute guarantee!

But aye, injuries and violent conduct reds aplenty please. 

3 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

SFA site confirms the Fast Track Tribunal Hearing as Tuesday 7th March for O'Connor so club should find out the decision by this afternoon.

Does the player and club representatives need to appear in Glasgow in person for this ?

If so, it's far from ideal when we're playing an away match the same evening.

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Does the player and club representatives need to appear in Glasgow in person for this ?

If so, it's far from ideal when we're playing an away match the same evening.

Wouldn't think so. Ref is required to give a statement by 1pm and we have up to 5pm to submit our evidence (i.e our footage) then the panel make a decision apparently after 5pm. 

Last part seems daft if we've to pick a lineup for tonight so maybe doesn't apply for same day matches but it is the SFA we're talking about.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone catch some nonsense in the News this morning about the Scottish Football supporters association lobbying to allow pyrotechnics in grounds, saying that it's what fans want !!

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly DON'T want flares and smoke bombs anywhere near me and reckon only an idiot would, but more worrying is who the Hell this group think they're representing as they most certainly don't speak for me or anyone I know !!!

Usually find the SFSA to be out of touch with views but advocating for safe pyro is decent.  

DW5KUeAXkAAulFN (1).jpg

Edited by itzdrk
3 goes at spelling views

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Slightly off topic, but did anyone catch some nonsense in the News this morning about the Scottish Football supporters association lobbying to allow pyrotechnics in grounds, saying that it's what fans want !!

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly DON'T want flares and smoke bombs anywhere near me and reckon only an idiot would, but more worrying is who the Hell this group think they're representing as they most certainly don't speak for me or anyone I know !!!

I imagine it’ll be Pyro sections, which is fine IMO. 

They’ll never allow it though, forward thinking, government, police and football never go together. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I imagine it’ll be Pyro sections, which is fine IMO. 

They’ll never allow it though, forward thinking, government, police and football never go together. 

Speaking from experience, I remember being nearly choked to death at Paisley in the cup a few years back when some moron started letting them off and nearly wiped out half of our elderly and very young support base.

It must be a generational thing but I really can't see the attraction.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Speaking from experience, I remember being nearly choked to death at Paisley in the cup a few years back when some moron started letting them off and nearly wiped out half of our elderly and very young support base.

It must be a generational thing but I really can't see the attraction.

Yeah, but surely that is part of the reason for safe sections?

If there aren’t specific sections for it then that will just continue to happen. I don’t want to be near it either btw! 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, but surely that is part of the reason for safe sections?

If there aren’t specific sections for it then that will just continue to happen. I don’t want to be near it either btw! 

It's a "swearing and outrage" section I'm looking for after losing the plot at that idiot ref on Saturday !!!

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

To be fair, when I go to Ayr games I am surely surrounded by a few thousand rockets, so more pyro the better.

What is “safe pyro”?  Isn’t it all just a cloud of smoke?  Spoke to a Celtic fan who was at the League Cup final who reckoned “ordinary” fans were getting properly pissed off at the pyro as you genuinely couldn’t see the pitch through it!

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

What is “safe pyro”?  Isn’t it all just a cloud of smoke?  Spoke to a Celtic fan who was at the League Cup final who reckoned “ordinary” fans were getting properly pissed off at the pyro as you genuinely couldn’t see the pitch through it!

There’s been safe pyro’s about in the likes of Denmark for a few years now. Plus there’s grounds in MLS stadiums with dedicated pyro sections.

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/03/pyrotechnics_denmark_to_see_safe_flares_this_year