The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I thought McGuffie was a sub more often than not for Falkirk? He doesnt seem to start much. 

Missed the game today, thankfully, but sounds like more of the same shite we've seen since Christmas. Paddy Reading being involved in their goal doesn't surprise me at all. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Henderson got absolutely nothing out of McAllister in fairness and only scored when he was switched to the other side. 

Think this boy is Darren Henderson’s son. Good Ayr player first time not so second time.

That was shit today. Ashford first sub on?! Frankie on before an attacking player? Honestly think Bullen was settling for a draw. Hewitt and Maguire with about 8 mins to try and do something? Utterly woeful substitutions. I'd have had Bryden on. Harsh red for Daire as well. 

We're contriving to throw this season away. Still hopeful we can get something at Morton and we should beat Falkirk (just!) to set up a day at Hampden so not all hope is lost but the last 2 months have been scunnering 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That was shit today. Ashford first sub on?! Frankie on before an attacking player? Honestly think Bullen was settling for a draw. Hewitt and Maguire with about 8 mins to try and do something? Utterly woeful substitutions. I'd have had Bryden on. Harsh red for Daire as well. 

We're contriving to throw this season away. Still hopeful we can get something at Morton and we should beat Falkirk (just!) to set up a day at Hampden so not all hope is lost but the last 2 months have been scunnering 

It was either Ashord or JML. Considering he played well it was the right call. The Frankie sub was anything but defensive. It was to try and push Reading up without leaving us totally exposed. Even so, most managers would be happy with a point when down to ten men. Most fans as well. 

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's March. Five months.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was either Ashord or JML. Considering he played well it was the right call. The Frankie sub was anything but defensive. It was to try and push Reading up without leaving us totally exposed. Even so, most managers would be happy with a point when down to ten men. Most fans as well. 

I'd have definitely took a point, but when it was 1-1 we should have tried to nick a win. Reading going further forward would have been a good thing last season but hes had a poor season  ICT were just as pish as 10 man us. Criminal they got a win 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's March. Five months.

I think we've been poor since Dec in all honesty, but it never really showed until the last 4 weeks as we were still "up there" and fighting for the title. Teams have sadly caught up with us and its highlighted how poor we've been that theyve closed (and overtook) the gap. But aye it's been a year to forget so far 😔

Same old same old every season,

Why did thay no bring in more players in the winter window it's ok saying they didn't want to bring in folk Incase it upset the dressing room but surely with the players going back to there clubs that must have known that the squad wisny big enough.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jml wasn’t even on he bench so wasn’t an option today.  I’d have brought Maguire on at that point and put mckenzie wide but as you say ashford did ok so was probably the right choice. 

it was the red card that fucked us 

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think we've been poor since Dec in all honesty, but it never really showed until the last 4 weeks as we were still "up there" and fighting for the title. Teams have sadly caught up with us and its highlighted how poor we've been that theyve closed (and overtook) the gap. But aye it's been a year to forget so far 😔

We have been poor most of the season- we just managed to get results while playing poorly. We have had very few good/great performances this season 

Great to see McGuffie score a hat trick, but he doesn’t seem to play much of a part generally at Falkirk.  Very much doubt they’ll retain him whether they come up or not.  Kind of sounds like the McGuffie we know - fantastic ability and capable of scoring some amazing goals, but just never able to put it all together into a consistent package.  I daresay he’ll score the winner next week though.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd have definitely took a point, but when it was 1-1 we should have tried to nick a win. Reading going further forward would have been a good thing last season but hes had a poor season  ICT were just as pish as 10 man us. Criminal they got a win 

Or we were quite good playing with a man less for sixty minutes? 

Didn’t realise the track record that referee had for sending offs. One every three games. If a team had that kind of record they’d be getting hammered for being too aggressive. I still cannot fathom what made him think it was a sending off.