The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Nelson said:

McGuire?  You must be joking.  No doubting his theoretical quality, but he’s miles off it fitness wise.  15-20 minutes looks about his limit.

We are paying for him to play, we need quality and experience on the park. The only way we will get him up to speed is to have his fat arse running about a pitch. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are paying for him to play, we need quality and experience on the park. The only way we will get him up to speed is to have his fat arse running about a pitch. 

Fair enough, but if he starts, he’ll have to be subbed before half time.  For the sake of his health.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How bad was it? 

Tbh, much like the Raith game it was far better than what had come before. Today we even tried to get the ball down and play at points.

There's just a real lack of quality in a lot of squad so it's difficult to make anything of note just now. Dipo looked much better today, just didn't quite fall properly for him. 

I'd say we're 50/50 for the play offs, this league is to unpredictable for me to rule it out.

18 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 unbelievable garbage, no honestly stop it, sam Ashford and fat fall down Maguire what utter nonsense 

Another great contribution from the resident mouth breather. 

Cheers wee man. 

37 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I just have to laugh at anyone saying the ref had a bad game. That was one of the better refs we’ve had. Particularly liked when he booked Deas I think and we took the free kick quick and instead of pulling us back he waited til the ball went out again until he wrote it in his book.

Being one of the better refs supposedly, and one identifiable good piece of refereeing =/= a good game by the official. 

44 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I just have to laugh at anyone saying the ref had a bad game. That was one of the better refs we’ve had. Particularly liked when he booked Deas I think and we took the free kick quick and instead of pulling us back he waited til the ball went out again until he wrote it in his book.

The sending off aside, he was pretty inconsistent. Henderson had a couple of bites at McCallister that got a talking to, McCallister retaliated and got a yellow, that’s naïve referring.

he also played advantage at an obvious yellow card challenge but then didn’t book the player and seconds later booked McGuire for his first challenge after winning the ball cleanly 

18 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We actually were not that bad today .I think we deserved a draw .

And if O'connor hadn't went off we could have won it . Hopefully can appeal it .

Dempsey was my mom

He started a slide tackle about the centre spot and won the ball at the touch line.

Channeling Duncan George/Ross Scott. The same boom when leg meets ball meets leg

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He started a slide tackle about the centre spot and won the ball at the touch line.

Channeling Duncan George/Ross Scott. The same boom when leg meets ball meets leg

That's why I pay my money each week. I don't care if we get beat aslong as I see a big f**k off sliding tackle from a player that's giving his all .

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The sending off aside, he was pretty inconsistent. Henderson had a couple of bites at McCallister that got a talking to, McCallister retaliated and got a yellow, that’s naïve referring.

he also played advantage at an obvious yellow card challenge but then didn’t book the player and seconds later booked McGuire for his first challenge after winning the ball cleanly 

McCallister went in to injure that boy he was lucky it was just yellow. Agree with the advantage one that baffled me.

36 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Being one of the better refs supposedly, and one identifiable good piece of refereeing =/= a good game by the official. 

I don’t mean he’s a good ref. I can’t remember any of his previous games so have no prior opinion of him. I was implying he had a good game.

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

McCallister went in to injure that boy he was lucky it was just yellow. Agree with the advantage one that baffled me.

Had the ref reacted to the first two fouls, it wouldn’t have escalated. If refs actually played the game they would see that. McCallister gets tripped twice, both in full view of the linesman and gets nothing, Henderson then chips away at him with comments and hand gestures. McCallsiter was always going to send him skyward after that.  

McAllister and Henderson were giving each other verbals before kick off and I presume they might’ve known each other at St Mirren. Thought at first it would be quite a competitive battle and then they started to leave more and more on each other as the first half went on. Henderson got absolutely nothing out of McAllister in fairness and only scored when he was switched to the other side.