The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is my point though. In this league especially form is an indicator of very little given how tight it is. There was nothing to suggest we were going to go on the bad run that we did and there is every chance we could get a result on Tuesday and use it to spark a good run of our own. 

I think the title was gone weeks ago but the playoffs and relegation will go to the wire imo. 

You think we can beat this Morton side? Can't see it myself

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

You can look at it in several different ways, they are on a decent run but ultimately they struggled past Cove last week and they were on a poor run before that. There is no reason we can’t get something from Morton. It’ll be tight, as all of our games are. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is my point though. In this league especially form is an indicator of very little given how tight it is. There was nothing to suggest we were going to go on the bad run that we did and there is every chance we could get a result on Tuesday and use it to spark a good run of our own. 

I think the title was gone weeks ago but the playoffs and relegation will go to the wire imo. 

Morton who came back to draw with league leading qp? Nah no chance mate 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don’t see why not? Any team can beat anyone in this league it’s just down to fine margins. 

It’ll be a proper scrappy game on Tuesday so we need to set up for that. I’d be tempted to go with Dipo and Maguire up front with Ashford and McKenzie on the wings. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You can look at it in several different ways, they are on a decent run but ultimately they struggled past Cove last week and they were on a poor run before that. There is no reason we can’t get something from Morton. It’ll be tight, as all of our games are. 

Their poor run only lasted a few weeks though then they were back on it, ours seems to be months. I think they will outwork us and be better organised than us

We were far better today, we started the first 10 minutes launching the ball as normal before playing the ball on the deck to create the first goal, Inverness defended like Ayr and let us walk to the byline before Dipo had a tap in, a great spot from O’Conner. We returned the favour and let I Inverness have a free shot at goal.

Inverness players were protesting the red card before they realised it was O’Conner going off which shows how bizarre it was. 
Musonda coming on caused more panic in our defence than theirs, the second goal was between Reading and Musonda, who I think had expected Reading to still be at left back.

If we lose to Morton and lose to Falkirk, we will be playing friendlies for 6 weeks.

We played like that at the start of the season, Ashford and McKenzie running interference for Dipo, we changed it when we signed Chalmers and Mullen and we were shite. It’s taken about 6 games without Chalmers to revert back which was criminal and has probably cost us a playoff place never mind the title.

I hope He Henderson’s grandfather boots his c**t in  

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Their poor run only lasted a few weeks though then they were back on it, ours seems to be months. I think they will outwork us and be better organised than us

And yet they are a singular point above us? 
I don’t see on what basis you think a team will outwork us though..

You can say what you want about the side right now but that absolutely isn’t an issue with this side, when things are going against them they dig in and keep themselves in a game. Things can turn around again very quickly. 

Takes some going to have a referee worse than Steven McLean but on that evidence we might have a candidate.

Dipo took his goal very well. Hopefully gives him a bit of confidence. O'connor was doing great until the red. 

Very frustrating given how we played earlier in the season for it to be flickering out as it has. Desperately need a win against Falkirk but I'm struggling to see that occurring at the moment.

Well can’t say I’m surprised always sh—- against this lot. Looked like it was going to be a decent game until the ref decided otherwise, Mullen carried off and not even a card, Oconner jersey CLEARLY being pulled back and when there guy let go his momentum took him into the player , shocking decision. Then throughout the game Dipo being fouled continually and little done about it.

That said we can’t seem to go through a game without 2/3 players having terrible games, loose in midweek and we will free fall, and that’s two players out Oconner. And. Mullin we can’t carry that and I think we should be appealing that Red card that’s what the player fund is for, as Oconner was easily our best player up to then.

Stood next to the dugout today and was surprised with the lack of communication between Bullen and his coaches. Tam Tait and Davie White sitting on their arse, Timmins piping up now and again. 

Don't know if it was implemented before the 2nd goal but 3 at the back was the plan, then the last throw of the dice was flinging McGinty up top.

Teams going backwards, heading towards missing the playoffs, I can see Falkirk doing us.  

Start Maguire on Tuesday, see how he gets on. 

My takes from today were as follows,

Dipo was excellent today

Daire was very good before being cheated by that dirty fucking arsehole corrupt b*****d ref

Referee should be fucking tortured and then executed as was just simply shocking !!

The little p***k Henderson should be tortured and then tortured again before execution.

O’Connor was brilliant for all he played. We weren’t over the halfway line until we scored which was all his doing. Other than that we are horrific to watch. I am struggling to explain to myself how I can spend each Saturday watching that.

Without Dipo and Albinson that team is no better than the one that scraped over the line last season. Chalmers has been a huge loss.

I just have to laugh at anyone saying the ref had a bad game. That was one of the better refs we’ve had. Particularly liked when he booked Deas I think and we took the free kick quick and instead of pulling us back he waited til the ball went out again until he wrote it in his book.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Daire was very good before being cheated by that dirty fucking arsehole corrupt b*****d ref

I agree. I think the whole of the north terrace was shouting for Daire to keep going, despite having McAllister messing up at times behind him. Unless he's said something to the referee, then I'm in total bewilderment as to why he was sent off 🤔

Edited by Roxanne's man

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My takes from today were as follows,

Dipo was excellent today

Referee should be fucking tortured and then executed as was just simply shocking !!

The little p***k Henderson should be tortured and then tortured again before execution.

Oh dear

While I said he's in no danger, I do think that there is a reasonable chance that he'll go after the absolutely inevitable pumping from Falkirk. Even Reid's side didn't collapse to quite this extent in 2012, and they actually made it to Hampden.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

With O’Conner and presumably Mullen missing on Tuesday. I’d bring in McGuire and Ashford. Play 433 with McGuire in midfield and have a go playing the ball on the deck.

At least see out the season playing football

McGuire?  You must be joking.  No doubting his theoretical quality, but he’s miles off it fitness wise.  15-20 minutes looks about his limit.

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t see why not? Any team can beat anyone in this league it’s just down to fine margins. 

It’ll be a proper scrappy game on Tuesday so we need to set up for that. I’d be tempted to go with Dipo and Maguire up front with Ashford and McKenzie on the wings. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 unbelievable garbage, no honestly stop it, sam Ashford and fat fall down Maguire what utter nonsense