The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I did think we were better than we’ve been last night and hope with another week of training for maguire, macleer starting to look like the player I thought we were getting  I think we’ll beat Inverness next Saturday, take a point at cappielow and then we can look forward to the quarter final. 

I noticed that the league cup starts 5 weeks after the playoff final.  And also that the playoff final has the cup final in the middle.  If we make that final we'll be taking the group stage even less seriously than this year.  

Saw someone on the SRE saying it would be a "waste of time" getting promotion this season. A wild take considering we havent been in the top flight in my lifetime. Yes we probably would get relegated back to the championship at the first go, but surely the financial gain(and "bucket list moment of being there) would be worth it? 

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I noticed that the league cup starts 5 weeks after the playoff final.  And also that the playoff final has the cup final in the middle.  If we make that final we'll be taking the group stage even less seriously than this year.  

Aye but it we just win the cup and get a bye in the group stage. 

1 minute ago, grazza said:

Aye but it we just win the cup and get a bye in the group stage. 

Plus we'll have the Europa League Qualifying rounds at end of June too when we're away to some mob in Boznia and Herzegovina nobody has ever heard off with about 200 fans and still get pumped about 10-0

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Am I right in saying if you reach Scottish cup final that qualifies you for Europe? 

Would that not only be if the opponent is in the champions league or if they qualify through league participation? 

eta: remember the format of those competitions change next season so maybe wouldn’t be a qualifier we’d go into depending on rankings etc 

Edited by ryanayr1987

54 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Saw someone on the SRE saying it would be a "waste of time" getting promotion this season. A wild take considering we havent been in the top flight in my lifetime. Yes we probably would get relegated back to the championship at the first go, but surely the financial gain(and "bucket list moment of being there) would be worth it? 

Whoever said that is a fat mess, grotesquely ugly and can go lick lamposts.

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

If say celtic win the league and the Scottish cup the runner up would get into Europe.. I'm sure that's how qos got there

Fairly sure it’s changed now so if the winner is already qualified for Europe then it’s the next place down on the league that gets it rather than beaten finalist.