The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Can I claim compensation for that 90 minutes of my life I just lost?

McAlear is total pants. Hoof ball constantly. Ashford for O'Connor!?  Dipo for future penalties 😐

McAlear was our best player by an absolute mile. 

Mullen was causing problems with his crosses, but we didn’t have midfielders supporting in the box to capitalise. For some reason we switched him and O’Conner for no other reason than to make us worse.

Bryden would have replaced Dipo at some point if he had been available. If he had been on it tonight we may have won

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAlear was our best player by an absolute mile. 

Absolutely - made a big difference. 

2 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Dipos worst performance for us, thought defence and McAlear did alright, Maguire absolutely miles off it,Ashford is pretty hopeless although O'Connor did little. 

No great but decent point. 

You realise the game completely turned back towards our favour when Maguire came on - just from him doing simple things like taking the ball in and playing a pass. 

Akinyemis rough patch will be out down to his head being turned and him wanting away when in reality he’s going through the same run of form that every single player at this level goes through. He’s not a bad player but he had a bad game and hasn’t played well for a wee while now. 

The positive is that once Murdoch comes back we should have a relatively solid midfield base with Dempsey and McAlear in there. Im just not sure how you then accommodate Maguire into that. He looked well off the pace but still had nice touches and was smart enough to realise that winning throw ins and free kicks was our best chance of creating something. I’ll go out on a limb and say that he’ll win us a few games either by buying a penalty or two or smashing one in from 30 yards after spending 85 minutes standing in the same spot. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Should have probably won that tonight when you think of the chances we missed with the two from Dipo and the penalty.

Was a terrible game on the whole though from both teams extremely wasteful

Both team's finishing was awful. A draw is a fair result IMO.

21 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I can't remember but I had it in my head we were in the playoffs when he took over then we dropped out?

We were 8th?? I think. Just beaten by Arbroath. It was a strange season because I don’t remember us winning any games but we seemed to hang around 5/6th for ages until other teams got their shit together and we just fell off a cliff. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Well off it implies he didn’t contribute at all though. He was obviously always going to be off it in terms of fitness. 

Maybe for you, but his pace is well off it, if he gets the ball to his feet great, he'll get better no doubt