The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Saw there is a video up of Chris Macguire getting interviewed, havent watched it yet but anyone know what number he'll wear? I'm a geek about things like squad numbers 😬

Heard he is wearing 77, not sure of the reasoning behind it 

Edited by Finlay21

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Saw there is a video up of Chris Macguire getting interviewed, havent watched it yet but anyone know what number he'll wear? I'm a geek about things like squad numbers 😬

Was hoping he'd get 365 or 888 - shitehousery in-built

20 years since Ayr played Rangers at Somerset, with Lorenzo Amaruso spitting on James Grady, Stewart Kean refusing to score a sitter and a 0-1 scoreline with Ronald de Bawsack being the scorer. 😒 I was 12 years old.

That was the first game I'd ever been in the away end at Somerset, as the home fans had changed sides to the away end to 'Suit the Masses', with R*ngers taking up the Somerset road end. Wouldn't see that happening nowadays fortunately.

38 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

20 years since Ayr played Rangers at Somerset, with Lorenzo Amaruso spitting on James Grady, Stewart Kean refusing to score a sitter and a 0-1 scoreline with Ronald de Bawsack being the scorer. 😒 I was 12 years old.

That was the first game I'd ever been in the away end at Somerset, as the home fans had changed sides to the away end to 'Suit the Masses', with R*ngers taking up the Somerset road end. Wouldn't see that happening nowadays fortunately.

If I remember correctly, Big "AMO" also struck a free kick about 30 yards out which took out a chimney pot in one of the houses on Somerset Road 🤣

36 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Amaruso took a free kick from the corner of the D at the North Terrace side of the Somerset Road end, ran up, put his laces through it and sent it between the main stand and the floodlight, landing it in Back Hawkhill Avenue.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

If I remember correctly, Big "AMO" also struck a free kick about 30 yards out which took out a chimney pot in one of the houses on Somerset Road 🤣

Correct me if I'm wrong (probably am) but did Amaruso not try to do a Kanchelskis (One of the few select players I've seen over the years that I wouldn't mind watching getting hit by a bus.) by standing on the ball and falling on his arse?

42 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Does anyone know the playoff dates, or know when likely to be announced? I can only see the dates of the final on SPFL website 

Full play-off schedule wasn't announced last season until the 14th April.

I imagine given the Scottish Cup semi-finals aren't until 29-30 April that it might complicate it further given some of the teams that are left.