The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Undoubtedly a good player and will provide some help to form but another player in the door without addressing the problem.  

633 days since we signed a full back. 

Very much this, we still desperately need a left back or is Musonda coming back and going in there again, whatever but it must be adressed 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Undoubtedly a good player and will provide some help to form but another player in the door without addressing the problem.  

633 days since we signed a full back. 

I do agree with this, but if we are playing a 4-4-2 (I know McGuire isn’t an out and out striker and will play in behind) then the standard of our second striker is pretty poor too. Probably around the same standard as our full backs. 

38 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Who is going to Cumnock today? 

On the playing side I think it will be a younger team due to game on Friday for first team , still worth going along as I would think Frankie and McGuire might get 45 mins along with  a couple of fringe players 

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

On the playing side I think it will be a younger team due to game on Friday for first team , still worth going along as I would think Frankie and McGuire might get 45 mins along with  a couple of fringe players 

Any idea if they are starting or coming off the bench? Might manage to make the second half! 

52 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Any idea if they are starting or coming off the bench? Might manage to make the second half! 

Ayr Reserves 1 down against Hibs after an early pen. Ayr team: McAdams; Jeanes, Holding, Musonda, Bilham; Ashford, Viviani, Hewitt, Dolan, Maguire, McKenzie.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Maguire telling us he loves to upset the opposition and their fans is outstanding 😂

Thought the same, lovely stuff. I want players to be hated by everyone else.

No-one has stepped into that role since Sir Jamie of Adams.

Edited by AuAl

Left at 0-3 really good workout and Hibs well above our level, 3 outstanding youngsters no 3 / 11/ 9 the latter Gary Oconners son really caught the eye and would walk into our team verypacy the type of player that makes poor passes look good, this boy will make it 19 can only wish for that talent.

The good bits

Musonda is back thank god got 45 minutes

Maguire looks like we’ve found our number 10 what we are badly missing , think he will do well, got 60 minutes looks a fit boy but having the legs to get about will take time and games based on what I saw I think he is what we need.

Wasnt overly impressed bye the rest and the only downer no Murdoch not even on the bench and no McRae  which surprised me.

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Left at 0-3 really good workout and Hibs well above our level, 3 outstanding youngsters no 3 / 11/ 9 the latter Gary Oconners son really caught the eye and would walk into our team verypacy the type of player that makes poor passes look good, this boy will make it 19 can only wish for that talent.

The good bits

Musonda is back thank god got 45 minutes

Maguire looks like we’ve found our number 10 what we are badly missing , think he will do well, got 60 minutes looks a fit boy but having the legs to get about will take time and games based on what I saw I think he is what we need.

Wasnt overly impressed bye the rest and the only downer no Murdoch not even on the bench and no McRae  which surprised me.

Who?

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who?

Presume he means McAlear. No idea why he’d be playing when he looked fit enough on Saturday there. 

Also it’s non competitive football so it’s hard to judge just how good young players are. Considering we have Akinyemi and Maguire I doubt any 19 year old from Hibs would be starting for us up front.