The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Sounds like a rich man’s Michael Moffat, and I would fucking love to see that.Β 

Unless not playing for a while has finished him, I think he'll become a cult hero for you quite easily.

Folk under estimate how smart players like Maguire are, then all of a sudden he rocks up at this level and absolutely strolls it.Β 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Going by the possession we had on Saturday...............

Bryan Cranston GIFs | Tenor

Hes a diving b*****d so you'll find your seeing more of the ball via free kicks if nothing else.

Just now, rb123! said:

With a creative link up next to Dipo now hopefully there won't be as much of an excuse for shelling it up the park at every opportunity.

Hopefully doing a lot of heavy lifting there. We haven't needed an excuse for much of the last 3 managers. We have the potential to play eye bleeding football with McGuire, O'Conner, McKenzie, Ashford and Bryden on the bench.Β 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unless not playing for a while has finished him, I think he'll become a cult hero for you quite easily.

Folk under estimate how smart players like Maguire are, then all of a sudden he rocks up at this level and absolutely strolls it.Β 

Hes a diving b*****d so you'll find your seeing more of the ball via free kicks if nothing else.

I knew he was a number ten style player now, despite seeing little to nothing of him playing over recent years. Going by Transfermarkt he spent a large amount of time in midfield positions last season. I think it’ll be an exciting signing, but I guess you just never know!Β 

Goal scoring wise it was less than two years ago that he was 1/5 for Sunderland so you would expect him to chip in with a few too.Β 

No doubt a player in his day, but come on Β no preseason and hasn’t played in 6 months god knows when he will be ready, hope he is on a pay as you play contract because he won’t be cheap, and then the push has to come from him to get match fit. We need players in that can go straight in the team.

Β 

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

No doubt a player in his day, but come on Β no preseason and hasn’t played in 6 months god knows when he will be ready, hope he is on a pay as you play contract because he won’t be cheap, and then the push has to come from him to get match fit. We need players in that can go straight in the team.

Β 

With his pedigree he should still be a cut above the rest and could be the difference between top 4 and automatic promotionΒ 

15 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Β 

That's a bold statementΒ 

Haters hat on: a 34-year-old mercenary on essentially no contract several weeks after the window closed is not a sign of confidence, either in the player or of the backroom staff's decision making during the window.

Β 

Haters hat off: ooft.

24 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Β 

He has trained throughout his investigation and suspension, only needs match fitness which should be not be an issueΒ 

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Haters hat on: a 34-year-old mercenary on essentially no contract several weeks after the window closed is not a sign of confidence, either in the player or of the backroom staff's decision making during the window.

Β 

Haters hat off: ooft.

Been suspended for last 6 weeks that’s why nobody signed him during the window as ban only finished last week , in his interview he stated a few teams were interested in signing him now , trained at Kilmarnock last week and they were putting an offer together but Ayr stepped in , not many teams would sign a suspended player in the January window thus having to pay his salary knowing he could not kick a ball for youΒ 

Edited by Finlay21

Well then, happy with that. Hopefully he's up to speed soon and helping to Dipo to bang them in. Also seems like he has a habit of being a bit of a shithouse, which I'm all for. This squad needs some of that.

Now pretty please, if there's any money left, please sign a left back.Β 

Edited by AuAl

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is there a reason the women and reserves play in East Ayrshire?Β 

Lack of facilities in South Ayrshire during school day afternoons for Reserves and most of other facilities are booked out for the woman in a Sunday , good relationship with Cumnock and they have good facilities and a good playing surfaceΒ 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Been suspended for last 6 weeks that’s why nobody signed him during the window as ban only finished last week , in his interview he stated a few teams were interested in signing him now , trained at Kilmarnock last week and they were putting an offer together but Ayr stepped inΒ 

I do like the idea that Bullen, who is assume would have known him previously, has heard that kilmarnock were sniffing about and has had a word and brought him in.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I do like the idea that Bullen, who is assume would have known him previously, has heard that kilmarnock were sniffing about and has had a word and brought him in.

Yes! FTK! πŸ‘

I like it when things like this happen out of the blue, as it has turned me from being the annoyed sourpuss on Saturday to thinking there's still hope yet that we make the play offs, if Maguire and Akinyemi work out ☺️

Definitely need more cover at the back though, if Ayr could get a decent full back in, my confidence would be sky high!

I negotiated the day off work to take the wee man to the Ayr - Inverness game at Somerset on 4th March. He's been to three games and never seen an Ayr win 😐 so here's hoping 🀞