The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Are we unable to bring Finn Ecrepont back from loan? Can't be worse than Reading.

I'm pretty sure we can .but be a real shit move from us ..in his 4 games with stranraer he has had 2 assists. We had our chance too play him at left back and we never done it ..

39 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

If we manage too finish in the top 4 and get a Scottish cup semi final .it'll be a great season. 

Too many players not in it today .mullen jml etc 

O'connor should start every week ..McAllister would dive in front of a bus for this team. Thought mcalear done well when he came on 

Meh, top 4 seems like a stretch atm. Morton had a brief slump and got back on it beating the top two. Feels like we've been in a malaise for a while now. Maybe the Cove results glossed over that but they were truly atrocious and in a transition phase.

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm pretty sure we can .but be a real shit move from us ..in his 4 games with stranraer he has had 2 assists. We had our chance too play him at left back and we never done it ..

I get that, it would be a shitty thing to do (if we actually can), but if he's hitting a wee bit of form and feeling confident I'd much rather him at left back.

Also, it's Stranraer.

Where's their ferry's gone....etc etc

Edited by AuAl

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

While it doesn't excuse the utter dross for the first 80 mins , we DID create a few decent chances late on and Dipo should have scored when in on the keeper or at least squared it for McKenzie for a tap in.

Bullen can also be questioned on tactics but the players themselves must take responsibility for their lack of intensity and complete lack of movement prior to that last 10 mins.

Whatever happens though, O'Connor must start on Friday.

I don’t define Dipo having the ball on the bye line a chance tbh… it still had another bit to go to be a goalscoring chance. 

I can’t remember a player having a chance where I thought he should have scored, and I don’t remember any saves. 

Absolutely GASH again at home for the umpteenth time, listened to Mathie’s report of January window and it’s a load of mince. Win this league or get in the play offs with what we have your having a laugh mate. We need 3 players right through the spine of the team or we have had it  end off.

There is at least 3/4 players playing every week who have lost it and they keep playing because there is no competition for there place, unless there is change this is gonna end very badly.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

I thought today was one of those performances that makes you think "how are we so high up this league?"

Take Dipo's goals out of the equation and we'd be on 23 points. Granted I might have made a mistake somewhere as late night mathematics are not my strong suit.

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Raith 1 or 2-0 Ayr. Let's just save ourselves a lot of wasted time.  

You know that feeling you get when you are battering teams and feel you are about to hammer someone, I currently have that feeling in reverse… we are due a bleaching. 

In the last eight league games, we have had two good performances - the rest different levels of utter shite. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You know that feeling you get when you are battering teams and feel you are about to hammer someone, I currently have that feeling in reverse… we are due a bleaching. 

In the last eight league games, we have had two good performances - the rest different levels of utter shite. 

It will be down to "fine margins" though and absolutely nothing to do with the poor team selection and tactics.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Sneddon didnt have much to do, a couple of daisy cutters and Dipo's indecision aside. I thought Thistle looked really good to be fair, but we made it easy for them. 

Thistle looked good 1st half but we dominated them 2nd have without creating anything for their keeper to work at. Thought it was two fairly shit teams out there earlier. 

14 hours ago, ecocme said:

JML cost us the goal IMO, didn’t track his man

Mildly harsh, not seen it back but do they not only score because Reading runs away and gives them a free cross?