The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

We are fucking boring to watch at home.   As a non season ticket holder who goes every week its hard to justify it.    At one point in the first half earlier both centre half's took turns at shelling free kicks in to their keepers arms unchallenged. Nobody else does that.  It's so bad.  Away games at least give a day out.  

It's boring to watch because you knew how it was going to pan out after 15 minutes 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Bullen comes out with anything about a flat crowd or having no energy in the post match interview I think it's very telling sign. 

He can actually f**k off with that. Its Hopkin with better players and one striker who is being massively wasted

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apart from that moment what fucking game were you and @Ayr23 watching? 

Kirk was one of our best players today in terms of literally being the only player driving forward trying to create things except he was presented infront of him with a lot who looked as if they'd been borrow by Madame Tussauds for the day with the lack of movement. 

Kirk, Dempsey and McCallister were acceptable today. McCallister killed half a dozen moves by refusing to cross but was largely fine.

Mullen and JML weren’t used but didn’t look to get involved enough. Bryden was the better of the front two up until Bryden went on and Dipo finished strong. Smith was struggling in the formation. Reading wasn’t the worst he’s been, he played 100% better linking with O’Conner which may be his best option. 

Thistle are poor at the back and have very little up front, their main strength is midfield and yet we went in to the game a man light against them in the middle of the park. 

baws.

That was stinking to watch, and even when Bullen eventually made changes (I expected them to be made at half time tbh) I still never felt like we were going get back in the game. Partick deserved the three points. 

Bit scunnered tbh. I reckon there's a few things at play: too many players being off it, the quality drop off between the top players and the boys who come in and out the side is too big to me, and teams have largely found us out. We were really hard to stop in the first third of the season and now we're turgid. Dare I say it we might even be missing Young - his running off the ball pulled defenders all over the place. It's up to Bullen though to find a way to counter this.

Edited by Jeff Venom

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Last season we had Adeloye up front on his own and rather than O’Conner, Bullen went with McKenzie out wide, who was rotten.
This season he is persisting with JML and Dipo up front on his own. It is identical to last year, we are tying our hands behind our back before we kick off every week. 

Mind he even played Ashford up front over Adeloye for large parts - when you actually take a step back and think about that it’s fucking wild. Even worse than McKenzie over O’Connor out wide. 

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apart from that moment what fucking game were you and @Ayr23 watching? 

Kirk was one of our best players today in terms of literally being the only player driving forward trying to create things except he was presented infront of him with a lot who looked as if they'd been borrow by Madame Tussauds for the day with the lack of movement. 

Kirk misplaced a few passes, which is unlike him. It’s fucking hilarious that one of our most creative players is our centre half - one of the very few who looks to take on some responsibility and do something. 

The style of play and game plan just isn’t good enough, and is negating most of this team now. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Someone on the sre said they were behind the dugouts today and most of Bullen's instructions were to McGinty and Kirk to punt it long to Dipo and Bryden, even scolding Kirk when he attempted a pass instead of a punt

Did this actually happen?

If so, he can go the way of Hopkin and Duffy and get in the fucking sea. 

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Someone on the sre said they were behind the dugouts today and most of Bullen's instructions were to McGinty and Kirk to punt it long to Dipo and Bryden, even scolding Kirk when he attempted a pass instead of a punt

Was gonna say that the pitch was bobbly as f**k but tbf Thistle still managed to pass their way through the midfield with it on the deck so still not really an excuse. 

Just now, rb123! said:

Was gonna say that the pitch was bobbly as f**k but tbf Thistle still managed to pass their way through the midfield with it on the deck so still not really an excuse. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team be pressurised less than the opposition though. Thistle could have taken several horrific touches and we were still nowhere near them. 

Actually still raging at how passive and deep we were first half 😂

1 minute ago, Young Eddie said:

Awful result and performance. You just know we are going to sleepwalk our way out of the playoffs and possibly the cup too.

Alas 2018/2019 season under McCall all over again....

• Blitz everyone else in the league 1st half of the season.
  • Have a shite January transfer window
  • Get sussed out by oppositions 2nd half of the season, turn to shit and slide down the table

55 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm absolutely seething. 

Aye, this. Angrier than I've been for a while after a game, not sure why. Maybe it's because others fucked up and opened an opportunity for us again and we didn't look interested in the slightest.

Was stood shouting like a dafty on the North Terrace, fucking seething at the lack of anything remotely interesting about that performance, and pretty much everyone around me was the same. There doesn't seem to be any tactics involved. 

I fear the game in Kirkcaldy on Friday. A team with a clear style of football who will try it until it works (albeit they lack an out and out goalscorer). We've looked totally hopeless recently imo.

Edited by AuAl

I'm still pissed off that useless waster (for us) Doolan got the better of us today. As someone else said this is 18/19 season all over again but our decline back then started with that Ross County draw in December.

We lost Chalmers in Jan and only brought in a clearly match unfit McAlear. Yes we kept Mullin but there was no danger of him going back to Livi anyway. A real kick in the baws day after results going for us last night 

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

We lost Chalmers in Jan and only brought in a clearly match unfit McAlear. Yes we kept Mullin but there was no danger of him going back to Livi anyway. A real kick in the baws day after results going for us last night 

Mullin staying was celebrated like it was a new arrival and it covered up how rubbish our window actually was.