The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I agree with what you say, I'm like that with Roxanne and the term is used across Ayrshire as a slang for dirty.

Though I also see what @Richey Edwardsis saying, it could possibly be perceived as something it isn't. I used to think it was cool as f**k to sing songs like that at school when I was younger, though it seems we've grown a sensitivity over the years. I wouldn't like to sing the song, knowing there's the possibility of offending someone.

This is my point though. Society has moved on (or at least in some places)

We should be able to use the word Black without fear of offending.

unless you’re one of the snowflakes who went to a school without a blackboard, never sang baa baa black sheep, never had a black eye and never been black listed.

black doesn’t have to be a race.

Edited by Hazbart

15 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

No, I’m saying we need to understand that black does not need to mean skin colour.

Skin colour should not even be a consideration, those who cling onto it like some kind of weapon are the ones who have the issue.

but go f**k yourself, clown.

What do you reckon would be the reaction if that song was sung in a public place?

You might not agree that the song is racist, but surely you see how ill-advised singing that particular song with that particular lyric is. Sounds pretty dodgy, doesn't it?

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

What do you reckon would be the reaction if that song was sung in a public place?

You might not agree that the song is racist, but surely you see how ill-advised singing that particular song with that particular lyric is. Sounds pretty dodgy, doesn't it?

Most football songs are not appropriate to sing Ian public places…..

”we’re only here to drink your beer and shag your fucking women”

I’m not condoning anything but it’s a fucking piss poor argument…..

12 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

unless you’re one of the snowflakes who went to a school without a blackboard, never sang baa baa black sheep, never had a black eye and never been black listed.

My daughter goes to a nursery where they sing 'Baa Baa Wooly sheep', they use a 'chalkboard' and if you get lamped, you'd have a 'shiner' and you'd have been blocked as opposed to black listed.

Things have changed over the years as not to offend anyone, which is fair I guess. Cultural Appropriation perhaps? 🤔

The song itself, yes, we all know it but maybe a small change could be good for the long term. We all know it's not meant to be viewed as racist. We're certainly not racist as Kilmarnock is not a race..... Just an affront to Humankind.

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

This is my point though. Society has moved on (or at least in some places)

We should be able to use the word Black without fear of offending.

black doesn’t have to be a race.

Except in the song “black” is being used as an insult. That is always going to have racial connotations regardless of the background and should be immediately binned.

Phase 1 of Lee Bullen’s tenure has been a fundamental success, with real progress from where we were a year ago.  But phase 2 is going to require a complete re-think from Bullen and his coaching team.  The standard of our passing is simply deplorable with our overall tactics incredibly limited.  A punt up the park to Dipo and little else.  Lining up with a 3 man midfield last week against an Elgin team that was content to park the bus was a mistake.  But going to a midfield 2 this week against Patrick’s 3 is another mistake going the other way.  Mullen and JML completely invisible.  We know Mullin is fundamentally a good player, but I’m struggling to understand the obsession with JML - O’Connor must be scratching his head.

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

O'Connor is the only player who seems to want to take a man on or find an attacking pass. Everything of note came from him in those last 15 minutes. Just play him Bullen.

The only possibly justifiable reason is that after having been out for a little bit he doesn't quite have 90mins in the tank yet. I don't know what it is, though, but I doubt it's that. 

Uncomfortable question..   

Have we really improved that much under Bullen?  There’s certainly more character and work effort from the team.  But is the apparent progress mainly due to a Rolls Royce of a centre forward carrying a mediocre team combined with the general standard of the division coming back to meet us?  It’s certainly the weakest championship I can remember for a long time.