The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Anyone else see the video the club put on social media of Akinyemi's goals?  I'm absolutely all for celebrating a player who is doing well and trying to cultivate a feel-good sentiment to encourage supporters to the game but surely we're not encouraging this tinpot song....

I just tried watching it and had to close the browser tab. It's beyond awful.

2 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I just tried watching it and had to close the browser tab. It's beyond awful.

Ditto. 

It would be great if Ayr United Media could actually get us some decent highlights instead of this mashup with the singing grifter. The footage was so poor so even if you muted it, it was still guff.

In my opinion we need to start McKenzie, he does the running similar to what Ashford did - except he’s just 10x better. This is how we played at the start of the season and I think it would work against a struggling Partick. Make them make a wee mistake and there confidence is shot. Just no Jayden. 🙈 

2 minutes ago, AUFC19100 said:

In my opinion we need to start McKenzie, he does the running similar to what Ashford did - except he’s just 10x better. This is how we played at the start of the season and I think it would work against a struggling Partick. Make them make a wee mistake and there confidence is shot. Just no Jayden. 🙈 

Not really getting the JML hate? I wasn’t at the Elgin game so he may have had a stinker there but didn’t everyone? He was one of the better players against QP. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not really getting the JML hate? I wasn’t at the Elgin game so he may have had a stinker there but didn’t everyone? He was one of the better players against QP. 

He was the worst player on the park against QP - sees a player turns around. Don’t know how you didn’t see it? Just don’t think he’s up to the standard we’re trying to set. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Exactly this - he was poor along with everyone else against Elgin but was one of our better players against QP. I would happily have him starting in a front three with Daire and Mullin in behind Dipo. 

I think the McAlear stuff is a bit much too, he’s played in two woeful team performances  while not match fit - incredibly hard to integrate yourself like that. 

Edited by No_Problemo

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Exactly this - he was poor along with everyone else against Elgin but was one of our better players against QP. I would happily have him starting in a front three with Daire and Mullin in behind Dipo. 

I think the McAlear stuff is a bit much too, he’s played in two woeful team performances  while not match fit - incredibly hard to integrate yourself like that. 

We have lost our form a wee bit after Christmas (apart from the cove games) Jayden can maybe do it against Arbroath, Hamilton and Cove. But he is in no way shape or form able to do it against anyone else. There’s no justifiable reason for him to start today and I hope to see him dropped. If McKenzie comes on at all today just watch him - and the amount of running, pressing and opportunities he opens up. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

As an aside, as we are part of the football v homophobia day today, can we please ensure that horrific homophobic chant isn’t aired. 

What is it with Ayrshire and 1970's attitudes?

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Wouldn't be starting McAlear 😬 rather Smith tbh.

My whole reason with McAleer over Smith is to add some height into what would be a very light and small midfield if we already have Mullin and O’Connor in there just have McAleer be the holding midfielder and allow Dempsey to go up and help the strikers

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

My whole reason with McAleer over Smith is to add some height into what would be a very light and small midfield if we already have Mullin and O’Connor in there just have McAleer be the holding midfielder and allow Dempsey to go up and help the strikers

It all depends on what style Mr Bullen is wanting to play - in recent weeks I’ve not been able to tell what we’re trying to do. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

As far as I’m aware, we are the only championship club supporting the football v homophobia campaign…

Yes, and hopefully if there's any chants (though I must say I don't know which songs we've had recently which stray into this territory?) then fans will call it out at the time. 

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

Yes, and hopefully if there's any chants (though I must say I don't know which songs we've had recently which stray into this territory?) then fans will call it out at the time. 

I’ve not heard it in a good few weeks/months but I’ve not been at away games - it’s the song about HIV. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve not heard it in a good few weeks/months but I’ve not been at away games - it’s the song about HIV.

Was just talking about this with another Ayr fan on a train after a game a few weeks ago. Thankfully haven't heard it much recently but it needs to go. An absolute disgrace.