The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

at least we're only 1hr 15mins up the road

While admittedly it's going in the less busy direction, you still have to bear in mind that said route requires heading through Glasgow city centre during rush hour.

A fucking Monday night. Nicola wouldn't have stood for this.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Compared to England we're being screwed right over,

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2022-23
Payments made from The FA's prize fund

First round proper winners (40) £41,000
Second round proper winners (20) £67,000
Third round proper winners (32) £105,000
Fourth round proper winners  (16)  £120,000 
Fifth round proper winners (8) £225,000
Quarter-final winners (4) £450,000
Semi-final winners (2) £1,000,000
Semi-final losers (2) £500,000
Final runners-up (1) £1,000,000
Final winners (1) £2,000,000

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of clubs receiving the respective payment per round.

Additionally, The TV money is,

The Owls take on Newcastle United on BBC One on Saturday night before the Whites are in action against Cardiff City on ITV on Saturday afternoon.

Both clubs are set to receive a guaranteed fee of approximately £144,000 for appearing on TV, meaning regardless of progress that the two Yorkshire sides will earn a six-figure boost this weekend. If games go to a replay and the match is broadcast, clubs will pocket an extra £72,000.

Mate, England have 60 million people plus English football has a massive following worldwide. Scotland have 5 million people and limited interest elsewhere in the world. You can not compare the the two competitions and expect us to get anywhere near their TV revenue or interest around the world. 

41 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Mate, England have 60 million people plus English football has a massive following worldwide. Scotland have 5 million people and limited interest elsewhere in the world. You can not compare the the two competitions and expect us to get anywhere near their TV revenue or interest around the world. 

I'm pretty sure we get much less than the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish leagues as an example.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty sure we get much less than the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish leagues as an example.

Pretty sure at least some of these leagues show all their matches on tv so maybe more overall less per match. 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I’d very much doubt Norway or Denmark get more TV money for their domestic football. Sweden has twice the population of Scotland so they might get a little more but again I would be surprised if it’s much greater.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They also broadcast far more games and don’t share a country with the most watched league in the world

You lose any credibility moaning about a Monday night game if you’re also proposing that more games should be on the telly.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

They also broadcast far more games and don’t share a country with the most watched league in the world

You lose any credibility moaning about a Monday night game if you’re also proposing that more games should be on the telly.

They broadcast most, if not all, games. Least they did the last time I remember reading about this. Plus it suits them because of things like travel and weather conditions so it's an entirely different set of circumstances compared to us 

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m not sure how you do - no one is complaining about the game being on tv, more that they have chosen a Monday night slot when there are spaces on both Saturday and Sunday to play it. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure how you do - no one is complaining about the game being on tv, more that they have chosen a Monday night slot when there are spaces on both Saturday and Sunday to play it. 

I don’t know how you can really argue that the two don’t contradict one other.

Games being shifted to inconvenient times for supporters is a known by-product of games being on telly. The only other slot left realistically was Saturday evening given that the rugby is on the BBC on Sunday afternoon. So there was always going to be one game on a Friday or Monday night.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t know how you can really argue that the two don’t contradict one other.

Games being shifted to inconvenient times for supporters is a known by-product of games being on telly. The only other slot left realistically was Saturday evening given that the rugby is on the BBC on Sunday afternoon. So there was always going to be one game on a Friday or Monday night.

Friday night isn’t really an issue (unless you are travelling a ridiculous distance) 

The rugby is at three on Sunday so Saturday and Sunday evenings were both very much options. It is a choice by television companies and the SFA to inconvenience fans, when there are other possible options. 

40 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’d very much doubt Norway or Denmark get more TV money for their domestic football. Sweden has twice the population of Scotland so they might get a little more but again I would be surprised if it’s much greater.

Norway and Denmark both do better than Scotland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_football_league_broadcast_deals_by_country

As it stands we have 13 games left, of which only seven are on Saturday at 3pm assuming the Queens Park game is moved for the horse racing.

Hopefully that will be a TV game as well otherwise we could lose another home game to a Friday night in April. Morton possibly?

Quite happy to relegate the last home game v Raith to a Friday night if we're strutting our stuff at Hampden that weekend though.

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We will still make the trip in big numbers .if you have the chance of making it make it .if you need two days off your work do it . A baw hair from making a Scottish semi the 1st in 20 years .

Falkirk is a great opportunity to progress, but they're no mugs. 

I think it's great that one of you will be in the semis, though. Imagine an Ayr-Killie semi-final!* 😍

* I'm sure you all have. Sorry, I just nip in here occasionally. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the reserves are scheduled to play Hibs on Tue, anyone know if it's at Townhead or Dam Park? @Finlay21 any idea? 

Should be Townhead , last game was changed to Dam Park relatively late due to a soccer camp being on during the school half term at Townhead 

On 14/02/2023 at 21:12, North British 2 said:

Ship Inn now taking names for bus to Falkirk.  Hopefully the club bite the bullet and get a few going from the Hub . 

Club looking like not taking any buses , our supporters buses are run by the Ship Inn , they have a few buses already booked , John Grigor is also running a bus along with the Chase Bar , between them there should be sufficient seats for all who want to travel by bus I would think