The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I could be very wrong but Thistle may have jumped the gun with this sacking. Okay, losing to Cove at home after we'd destroyed them twice at their place was a season's-shocker imo but Thistle have played some decent stuff at other times this season and are still good enough to get into the play-offs. That said, if we beat them on Saturday then it could be curtains for their season.  

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I too deride the fools and simpletons who say that having a single solitary tactic becomes problematic when the opposition figure out how to deal with it.

I don’t think I’ve ever said otherwise tbh. Plenty of posts today that say how problematic it is but why I feel it is the case. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s someone on SRE now saying Kerr McInroy is on his way back. 

Had heard last week it was more or less sorted, but Killie held back last minute after Lafferty left, but was still a possibility before end of February.

If someone on that SRE page said the grass was green, I'd still go outside and check.

That said, if McInroy did come back on loan I wouldn't have much issue with it.  The fact he went to Kilmarnock is largely irrelevant, he seemed to be quite honest about wanting to play in the Premiership and they were offering that opportunity plus (probably) a higher wage.  He was a decent player for us and I'd be interested to see how he went in a team that was doing much better than the one he was part of last season.  

Still would be surprised if it were to happen.  

I mean unless we agreed to take him off their hands permanently in the summer. He's obviously not going to play for them ever and he signed a long term deal. They need to get him off the wage bill.  

Edited by Shibuya
Clarity

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s only the loan window that remains open. He also has another year left on his Killie deal. 

Edited my post as I wasn't very clear originally. I don't think it will actually happen but I am sure they will be shopping him around in the summer anyway. 

Edited by Shibuya

Unless Murdoch is out long term then I see no reason why we'd sign McInroy unless we're already writing off McAlear as a dud.

Smith has already proven himself as a decent back up if required and Hewitt is also decent enough but I honestly don't think we've got a budget to justify having Dempsey, Murdoch, McAlear and McInroy when we only ever go with a maximum of 3 and quite often only 2 CM types.

I suppose in an ideal world something along the lines of the following,

1. Albinson, 2. McAllister, 3. Reading, 4. Musonda, 5. Kirk, 6. Murdoch, 7. Mullin, 8. McInroy, 9. Akinyemi, 10. Dempsey, 11. O'Connor

That could work, but a match fit McAlear in for McInroy would seem pretty similar and given McInroy's lack of game time, there's no guarantee we'd be getting the same guy back that we had last season.

Auch, who knows ??

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Unless Murdoch is out long term then I see no reason why we'd sign McInroy unless we're already writing off McAlear as a dud.

Smith has already proven himself as a decent back up if required and Hewitt is also decent enough but I honestly don't think we've got a budget to justify having Dempsey, Murdoch, McAlear and McInroy when we only ever go with a maximum of 3 and quite often only 2 CM types.

I suppose in an ideal world something along the lines of the following,

1. Albinson, 2. McAllister, 3. Reading, 4. Musonda, 5. Kirk, 6. Murdoch, 7. Mullin, 8. McInroy, 9. Akinyemi, 10. Dempsey, 11. O'Connor

That could work, but a match fit McAlear in for McInroy would seem pretty similar and given McInroy's lack of game time, there's no guarantee we'd be getting the same guy back that we had last season.

Auch, who knows ??

I don’t think McAlear is the attacking midfielder we thought he was. I think you could play McAlear and Dempsey with McInroy in front of them. If Murdoch is back then put him in for McAlear.