The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Oh O’Connor will start, be pretty crap and get dropped again

I like Daire he reminds me of Jimmy Murphy from back in the day . The issue  with him though is he's at his best running fresh against tiring full backs . That said I'd start him against Thistle . I'd be very tempted to drop Josh after that show yesterday , but the boy has stuff in his locker that can win games ,so he'd go on the other flank for me . I'd go Bryden up top with Dipo and partner Ben with one of the other three options , none of who have set the Heather alight lately.  Also Cally gets in at no2 .

Bad day at the office yesterday,  but let's not forget the following :

1. £125K in prize money banked with maybe £15Kgate money yesterday. 

2. 4/7 chance of a Someset sell out or an even bigger away day pay day .

3. Dipo bagged 2 yesterday and went up to 18 goals yesterday,  keeping his summer Market value better than decent .

4.  The mighty Queens Park shit the bed. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Based on the highlights I'm surprised McAdams didn't get MOTM yesterday. 

That first goal was tinpot but a lesson in an effective long ball. Defence gives me the fear, looks all over the place 

We need Frankie back.

I'd quite like a proper update on injuries.

Edit - McAdams kept us in it with some very good saves. He was the one player when we were utterly abject that couldn't be criticised.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We need Frankie back.

I'd quite like a proper update on injuries.

Edit - McAdams kept us in it with some very good saves. He was the one player when we were utterly abject that couldn't be criticised.

Bullen stated that Frankie was back training on his own and should be back in 2-3 weeks. Murdoch is a week behind him so I’m guessing 3-4 weeks 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Bullen stated that Frankie was back training on his own and should be back in 2-3 weeks. Murdoch is a week behind him so I’m guessing 3-4 weeks 

Spoke to Frankie yesterday , he was saying if this week went ok he could be around the squad against Thistle ( hope he’s right ) he is now taking part in full training sessions 

Edited by Finlay21

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

After his performance yesterday I would say McAdams deserves to start on Saturday 

I disagree. It would be harsh to drop McAdams based on his saves yesterday, but Albinson is the better all round keeper. I do not trust McAdams coming for a cross, and some of his distribution yesterday, particularly in the 2nd half wasn’t the best. I’d play Albinson in the next round too.

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Good to see some fan have a positive outlook to what’s happening around the club 

17F00FDC-9CB6-4AB4-9CE2-44671DCDD921.jpeg

Come on now… I’d say that can wait until later in the season. Supporters can show their appreciation by turning up in numbers over the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Come on now… I’d say that can wait until later in the season. Supporters can show their appreciation by turning up in numbers over the next few weeks. 

I did laugh at the quote as it is the very literal embodiement of a happy clapper. 🤣

Just now, Trogdor said:

I did laugh at the quote as it is the very literal embodiement of a happy clapper. 🤣

After the Dundee game at home when we beat them earlier in the season, the board walked into the Hub and loads of people started clapping them. I was cringing so bad, and I think they were too!

5 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

After the Dundee game at home when we beat them earlier in the season, the board walked into the Hub and loads of people started clapping them. I was cringing so bad, and I think they were too!

Yeah, I'd have been the same tbh.

I think that's all well and good for the player of the year or after the last game of the season.

However, after one good result you need to keep your feet on the ground. Its better not to get too enthusiastic when you win or too down trodden when you lose. I'm sure Bullen says that as well.

It is easier said than done though. You can see my post match thoughts on any Saturday for an illustration of overreaction both positive and negative.

Not overly excited about the cup draw. Don't fancy our chances against any of the remaining teams. Certainly don't think this side has an upset in them. Watching the highlights of yesterday's game was a fairly depressing exercise. Not sure where any 'feel good' sentiment is coming from. That said, I've felt similarly for most of the time since Bullen came in and he's produced results I didn't expect and don't really understand, so hope remains. It's a weird feeling.