The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I thought the guy who developed the new badge was actually a professional designer who happened to be a fan anyway?

I quite like it tbh, looks modern and it coincided with winning the league and the recent changes in the direction of the club.

As I say, each to their own.  I don’t hate it, I just think it’s very bland compared to the one we had.  Maybe it’s an age thing, but I doubt I will ever see the current design as being the proper badge.  The whole Lord Lyon thing is such a nonsense that we can’t even sell retro shirts with the actual badge that was on the shirt at the time.

I personally don't really see the point of a 3rd strip for a club at our level, not as if we're in a 20 team league with loads of different opposition with varying strips and playing in Europe too or something like that. 

Can see it from the clubs point of view of trying to make more money from top sales but think you'll only see a small bunch paying to get all 3 tops, could maybe even do some sort of deal of it you buy home and away top you can get 25% off 3rd top.

The pink strip will always remind me of this glorious game, where for the first time in a LONG time it felt we had a team that could achieve something special. OK it didn't work out but yearning for those days to happen again is exactly why we continue to go every week.

Just now, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The pink strip will always remind me of this glorious game, where for the first time in a LONG time it felt we had a team that could achieve something special. OK it didn't work out but yearning for those days to happen again is exactly why we continue to go every week.

I agree glorious day but horrible, horrible strip

27 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Even Steven McLean couldn't stop us that day

54 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Are this team not in a better position than that team were at this stage of the season? 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

That's a bizarre one considering they always give us away fixtures on those dates. 

It's on Friday and Saturday so moving it to the Friday night isn't even an option. 

Last time we had a home game  which clashed against the Scottish National we played on the Friday night and had an above average crowd with many race goers attending, would think Friday is the most likely date ( could it be TV game ? ) 

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Is that the game where Moore and Shankland seemed to have developed a partnership? 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Last time we had a home game  which clashed against the Scottish National we played on the Friday night and had an above average crowd with many race goers attending, would think Friday is the most likely date ( could it be TV game ? ) 

Hopefully not a TV game. I'd rather we were shown live v Raith. Last home game of the season and a potential title presentation...we can but dream!

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully not a TV game. I'd rather we were shown live v Raith. Last home game of the season and a potential title presentation...we can but dream!

I reckon if it was a trophy presentation game it would need to be on tv. Just purely as we couldn’t fit everyone in the ground. Everyone loves the super

5 hours ago, Nelson said:

Biggest problem with our shirts nowadays is the badge.  I’ve honestly never really taken to it.  So bland compared to the one we had.  I think the club made a big mistake at the time leaving it to the fans to design and pick the new badge - we ended up with the best of a very bad lot.  Probably wasn’t the cheap option, but we should have looked to get professional designers to come up with something better.   

The badge could be drawn on a plain white shirt with a blob of Domino sauce, it makes no difference, doesn't take away the fact that the club will and ALWAYS will remain the same, whether the badge be shite or not.

We are The Super Ayr United.

We don't need a badge for anyone to know who we are 👍

3 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Listening to the match preview there, with our new boy looking forward to it, but I’m thinking he wasn’t signed before the draw was made so for me he can’t play is that correct? Wouldn’t want to do a Queen’s Park  and happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

McAlear's free to play today. The rule is they must have signed before the original match date rather than the draw date.

QP like ourselves had their 4th round match postponed and signed Henderson after that date and played him in the rearranged tie which was the issue.

12 hours ago, super_carson said:

I thought the guy who developed the new badge was actually a professional designer who happened to be a fan anyway?

I quite like it tbh, looks modern and it coincided with winning the league and the recent changes in the direction of the club.

My theory is it was just someone who liked the new Swansea badge.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I hope that the game doesn’t get moved. A load of guys from my work have been wanting to come to a game at Somerset this season and I literally managed to agree the QP game or the raith game. If it goes to a Friday it rules it out completely 

I personally can’t see them putting it on the same day as the Scottish National