The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Being able to pay up a season ticket is promising. 👍 

Edit - Would have been nice to know what's happening with our highlights and when we can expect to see improvement.

Doubt Callum is going to ask any questions which bring critique to the media side of things.

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To be honest, I was glad to hear these things. There is a lot they hide from supporters now, like player injuries, transfers  or kit releases. You have some ITK smugly telling you they know but can’t say anything. A certain amount of transparency is a good thing and stops conspiracy theories. 

Last seasons kits were a bit of a mess, A Spurs retro kit, a Burnley tribute kit and an away kit that was fine. It was like the days of having Nike templates that were used by half the junior teams. It doesn’t feel like an Ayr strip if Cumnock wear the same one and the same colour scheme. 

I’ve not seen any request for engagement but as long as some fans are being involved then hopefully it will be a bit better. 

We asked the fans for engagement 2 years ago and ended up with that horrific blue and green kit. The vote might have been hijacked by rival fans but I'm all for keeping the fans away from the choice if that's what we end up with.

9 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

We asked the fans for engagement 2 years ago and ended up with that horrific blue and green kit. The vote might have been hijacked by rival fans but I'm all for keeping the fans away from the choice if that's what we end up with.

I think Mathie was talking about the kit supplier and type rather than the actual kit.

Asking a range of fans what they want to pay for is a good idea, a £40 template from Nike or Adidas where the quality isn't great but there is a better range of training wear, or a £50 adapted template that is bespoke to the club or a £65 for good quality kit where the training wear is a standard bland offering. 

Macron is good quality but the sizing is dreadful, I am between an XL and 2XL in Adidas but a 4XL in Macron around my chest, meaning anything I buy is like a dress and I have to roll the sleeves up (I am also over 6 foot) Joma looks really cheap. 

Also offering different versions of the kit, one without sponsors up to all the sponsors on the sleeves and back. That is a standard with most clubs I have seen in Europe. 

48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Mathie was talking about the kit supplier and type rather than the actual kit.

Asking a range of fans what they want to pay for is a good idea, a £40 template from Nike or Adidas where the quality isn't great but there is a better range of training wear, or a £50 adapted template that is bespoke to the club or a £65 for good quality kit where the training wear is a standard bland offering. 

Macron is good quality but the sizing is dreadful, I am between an XL and 2XL in Adidas but a 4XL in Macron around my chest, meaning anything I buy is like a dress and I have to roll the sleeves up (I am also over 6 foot) Joma looks really cheap. 

Also offering different versions of the kit, one without sponsors up to all the sponsors on the sleeves and back. That is a standard with most clubs I have seen in Europe. 

The problem here is that supporters will never agree and everyone has their own views and set of circumstances.

Personally I really like the home top this season and I know you don't, I also wouldn't mind paying an extra £10 or £15 for a quality Adidas top (mostly white with any luck) but I know others might not as it is a bit of an outlay, especially if buying for kids as well.

All you need to do is go back a few pages and there's no two posts the same agreeing on what they'd like and that's only a handful of us on P&B !!!

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Personally I really like the home top this season and I know you don't, I also wouldn't mind paying an extra £10 or £15 for a quality Adidas top (mostly white with any luck) but I know others might not as it is a bit of an outlay, especially if buying for kids as well.

The green and purple of last season was good. Though I have a fear we may end up with another one of those hoachin pink strips.

As long as it's affordable (Not like the hoop adidas strip we had at £60 the year we were relegated 🙄) then it matters not what it looks like much, it's the strip of the super and shall be worn regardless.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The problem here is that supporters will never agree and everyone has their own views and set of circumstances.

All you need to do is go back a few pages and there's no two posts the same agreeing on what they'd like and that's only a handful of us on P&B !!!

You can pay £45 for an Adidas kit where the sponsor comes off after 6 washes, rendering the top unwearable or you can pay £15 more and get a better quality kit that will last a season, it may cost more but if it saves parents buying 2 kits a season because of the increased quality then it is more cost effective.

This seasons home kit would be ok if it wasn’t a complete replica of an iconic strip of another team we have absolutely no association with. It would be like having a deal with Admiral and then releasing this with an Ayr badge 

AAA206D0-C36C-442D-9E51-33B846952D46.thumb.jpeg.afa033afaa5db36a02a9c5c684973766.jpeg

There will never be an agreement on the strip from the support but I think broadly agreeing criteria for a new deal is possible. Price range, quality, sizing etc 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You can pay £45 for an Adidas kit where the sponsor comes off after 6 washes, rendering the top unwearable or you can pay £15 more and get a better quality kit that will last a season, it may cost more but if it saves parents buying 2 kits a season because of the increased quality then it is more cost effective.

This seasons home kit would be ok if it wasn’t a complete replica of an iconic strip of another team we have absolutely no association with. It would be like having a deal with Admiral and then releasing this with an Ayr badge 

AAA206D0-C36C-442D-9E51-33B846952D46.thumb.jpeg.afa033afaa5db36a02a9c5c684973766.jpeg

There will never be an agreement on the strip from the support but I think broadly agreeing criteria for a new deal is possible. Price range, quality, sizing etc 

In fairness most of our support probably weren't even born when Spurs played in that kit.

I think it was actually loosely based on the 1986 Denmark top which was an utter belter (even my subbuteo team were excellent).

3 hours ago, pogo1910 said:

Are you referring to the away kit that was the same as Killie's third kit/training wear. That was embarrassing tbf.

47 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Are you referring to the away kit that was the same as Killie's third kit/training wear. That was embarrassing tbf.

How was it embarrassing? We announced it as our  away top before they announced it as their training kit. It also won a fan vote. 

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How was it embarrassing? We announced it as our  away top before they announced it as their training kit. It also won a fan vote. 

Having your away kit as a template that your nearest rivals use as their training kit is embarassing. Irrespective of who announced it first.

It won a fan vote where anyone could vote. Not just fans of the club. Had everyone voted for the grey kit like me then it wouldn't have happened. 

Unless you go with a smaller manufacturer that's going to be more willing/able to do a customised kit the risk always is some other club will have the exact same kit.  Although oddly enough Watford ended up with a template that Ayr had used the previous season when they were in the Premier League.  

I'd like to see us keep the home shirt plain and simple - there's no need to muck around with it other than alternating between black and white shorts....something like this might be a bit boring but it's at least traditional.

2kTsHaL.png

The third shirt this year was a bit pointless (aside from getting extra sponsor revenue) but maybe keeping an away shirt into the following season as a third kit is something that could be looked at.  It certainly might make fans feel like there's better value for money with it?

8 hours ago, North British 2 said:

It Certainly sounds like we'll be looking for a new centre forward as we won't stop Dipo trebling his wages by turning down a club in England again . If we bank enough money on this deal to get 3 or 4 proven operators in it would take the sting out of it somewhat. 

The club is in a different place completely these days . 

If we don't get promoted in the summer we have to cash in on Dipo in the summer IMO so we don't go down the same route alas Shankland, Rose, Harvie, Forrest and McCowan.

Need to start getting something in return for these types of players we get who come along