The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hopefully Dipo doesn’t down tools on us!  I suppose if he really wanted to go, his agent could probably have forced the issue.

He's got eighteen months left on his contract. He's not fucking Cristiano Ronaldo.

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Mind that time that Cardiff got bought by a Malaysian businessman who promptly changed their strip to red because he thought it was luckier?

He changed their badge as well, and wanted to change their name too (to Cardiff Red Dragon or something like that) but was dissuaded from that.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Glad we knocked back the offer for Dipo, hopefully when we get to the Premiership his value will have had least doubled. We really need to start playing again to the big mans strenghts, last few league games hes been isolated with 2 opposition players around him in dangerous areas. 

Aye, I would have to do a bit of digging, but I imagine his goals stats in a 442, compared to a 433 are night and day.  We concede more chances when playing 442, but it is something we need to accept to get the best out of our forwards. Saturday for me should be:

McAdams

Houston Kirk McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey McAlear O'Connor

Dipo McKenzie

Get into half time hopefully a couple of goals to the good then we can look at resting Kirk/Dempsey/Mullin/Dipo for the majority of the second half.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that Dipo is the type to down tools. He’ll know that the same/better moves will still be there in the summer if he continues scoring at a similar rate and fires us into the Premiership.. 

Aye I doubt he’d ever go in the huff and pack it in. However as with any player if they have an agent where they are feeding them info about potential offers then it’s only natural to start thinking about them. It doesn’t look like his head has been turned at all though which is testament to his character. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I doubt he’d ever go in the huff and pack it in. However as with any player if they have an agent where they are feeding them info about potential offers then it’s only natural to start thinking about them. It doesn’t look like his head has been turned at all though which is testament to his character. 

It's like everything else, if he keeps performing as he has then there's every chance that both he and us will be winners in the Summer, if that means success on the pitch or a big money move (for both of us) then everyone is a winner.

I take it we've also told him that we won't stand in his way if a decent bid comes in (along with a potential sell on clause) so that way he has every incentive to continue performing at his best for both our sakes !!

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Down tools wouldn't even be in Dipo's vocabulary. I don't think he'd even know how to. He gives his all, all of the time. A real grafter. Love the guy.

A man with morals. A rarity in modern day football/society. We need to enjoy him whilst he’s here.