The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It’s a pity the way things have panned out with McInroy, but honestly feels a bit predictable.  Maybe Kilmarnock blew us out the water financially, so wouldn’t blame him for taking the cash.  But it did feel as if a season at Championship level would have been the best for him then kick on Shankland/Rose/Harvie style.

I’d still take him back in a heartbeat right enough - Mathie spoke highly of his professionalism and attitude at the vision night and seemed to accept that sometimes players just get better offers.  Perhaps McInnes just signed him to stick it to us, but it doesn’t seem like a move that’s working out for anyone.

As for the “he’s made his bed comments”, McCall claimed he was waiting at Somerset with a contract for Shankland to sign when he got a phone call to say he was signing for Morton instead - all worked out in the end!  Never cut off your nose to spite your face.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That's disappointing. I was hoping it was like Chris tarrant on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' when he snatched back the lower cheque - "we don't want to give you that!"

I think it's the same thing is it not ? it's an "exit fee", so basically you get the amount stated when you "exit" which is what we all assumed anyway, so I think everyone is saying the same thing but for some reason "craig" was taking it as something different ??

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

It’s a pity the way things have panned out with McInroy, but honestly feels a bit predictable.  Maybe Kilmarnock blew us out the water financially, so wouldn’t blame him for taking the cash.  But it did feel as if a season at Championship level would have been the best for him then kick on Shankland/Rose/Harvie style.

I’d still take him back in a heartbeat right enough - Mathie spoke highly of his professionalism and attitude at the vision night and seemed to accept that sometimes players just get better offers.  Perhaps McInnes just signed him to stick it to us, but it doesn’t seem like a move that’s working out for anyone.

As for the “he’s made his bed comments”, McCall claimed he was waiting at Somerset with a contract for Shankland to sign when he got a phone call to say he was signing for Morton instead - all worked out in the end!  Never cut off your nose to spite your face.

I'm probably one of the few who wasn't utterly ecstatic about him, Yes, he did well for us and ultimately his goals probably kept us up, however I still felt that he didn't really do enough as far as getting a grip of games was concerned and looked too slow for me. Yes, he had a great strike on him but other than that I didn't think he was that special but of course as we were so poor he tended to stick out a good bit.

At the start of the season I'd happily have taken him (same as Dom Thomas), however things have moved on and the style we're now playing might not even suit as it would detract from our wingers and Dipo if McInroy was signed and started taking pot shots from all over the place.

Given that we've also signed McAlear now and both he and Mullin will be our set piece guys, I really can't see where McInroy would fit in unless as others have said Murdoch is looking at a long term crock, but as I say, I wouldn't be going overboard about him signing although it could of course work out well but who knows ??

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

f**k that.

Hope we go back to Adidas. At least the quality of that stuff was decent

I've never had any issues with Macron other than the sizing being about 2 or 3 sizes smaller than other brands.

Joma look like they do make some decent stuff but don't think they've been the best quality, going by what other fans have said. 

Problem with a larger brand like Adidas is that it's just bog-standard teamwear that any amateur, Sunday league or youth team may also use.  Least some of the smaller manufacturers might offer a bit more customisation.

Bring back Ribero for the retro vibes.

Edited by super_carson

16 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I've never had any issues with Macron other than the sizing being about 2 or 3 sizes smaller than other brands.

Joma look like they do make some decent stuff but don't think they've been the best quality, going by what other fans have said. 

Problem with a larger brand like Adidas is that it's just bog-standard teamwear that any amateur, Sunday league or youth team may also use.  Least some of the smaller manufacturers might offer a bit more customisation.

Bring back Ribero for the retro vibes.

I had the Sevilla home top with 888 sponsor on it from about 6 or 7 years back and it was actually very good quality.

I think all manufacturers have various offerings from a quality perspective and it all depends on how much you're willing to pay.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Burnley chairman said at the time, Ayr could leverage Burnleys supply chain for things. Like ordering merchandise, They get a bigger discount when ordering in bulk than we would.

This would be the Ayr United who can't sell their own home strips any more after their supply chain collapsed?

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think we’ll probably look back on this season as a missed opportunity because with potentially Motherwell and Dundee United coming down and Falkirk and Dunfermline coming up the league is set to be a lot stronger next year.

With the north terrace closed it'll be survival-only anyway. Not that the club has even reached the magical 40 this season yet.

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Our results when Steven McLean is the ref have been as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-mclean/bilanz/schiedsrichter/1712

Incompetent certainly, bias seems likely.

I think I'll spare myself the heads gone the next time he is in the middle for one of our games. 

Oooft.  We've only won 11.5% of games he has been in the middle, next worse percentage is St. Mirren at 21.9%.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Our results when Steven McLean is the ref have been as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-mclean/bilanz/schiedsrichter/1712

Incompetent certainly, bias seems likely.

I think I'll spare myself the heads gone the next time he is in the middle for one of our games. 

Yes, it's not even just the big decisions as he also wears you down with all the 50 / 50 and even 60/40 and 70/30 type decisions in your favour going against you. This surely won't be lost on the players which in itself plants the seeds of doubt before the game even starts. The fact McAllister made that silly clumsy challenge makes it even worse as he must have known what was coming.

The Killie fans mostly despise him as well but there's no doubt that he's got some kind of vandetta against us, that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Oooft.  We've only won 11.5% of games he has been in the middle, next worse percentage is St. Mirren at 21.9%.

Yeah, obviously a lot of other variables as well. It just struck me as very low. The more games the more statistically accurate as well. It was just when a DKB said he did them no favours either. I had to check the stats. 🙈