The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Our results when Steven McLean is the ref have been as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-mclean/bilanz/schiedsrichter/1712

Incompetent certainly, bias seems likely.

I think I'll spare myself the heads gone the next time he is in the middle for one of our games. 

That's a win % David Hopkin would be jealous of.

Think it seems to have been swept under the carpet slightly here, but we're charging £20 this Saturday for a game against a League 2 club! I would assume the game in the summer wasn't that price!

ETA - Was £12 in the league cup.

Edited by callum-ayr

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think it seems to have been swept under the carpet slightly here, but we're charging £20 this Saturday for a game against a League 2 club! I would assume the game in the summer wasn't that price!

ETA - Was £12 in the league cup.

Suggests we might not have been able to agree on a fee with Elgin, it defaults to the home side's usual gate price if you cant.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Suggests we might not have been able to agree on a fee with Elgin, it defaults to the home side's usual gate price if you cant.  

Aye, I would like to think we have tried to negotiate a lower price and it's Elgin who have probably tried to get as much money the can out this fixture. Around  a 33% markup up on the same fixture that took place 6 months or so ago is a bit mad.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

How much was it for the Pollok game?

There’s probably little incentive for Elgin to agree to a lower price. Would mean less gate money for them and facing a bigger home crowd.

£15, thought that would have been reasonable enough for this game.

I’d love Nike but can’t see it. Umbro, Puma, or Macron would be decent. I do like the Dundee kits this season, especially the away one. Adidas stuff was madly priced IIRC, but that was probably bad business on our side.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye, I would like to think we have tried to negotiate a lower price and it's Elgin who have probably tried to get as much money the can out this fixture. Around  a 33% markup up on the same fixture that took place 6 months or so ago is a bit mad.

Price suits Elgin as they get a bigger chunk of the gate money , every team dropped prices in the league cup as a number of teams played fringe players and used them to try to pick a team for the league 

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Our results when Steven McLean is the ref have been as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-mclean/bilanz/schiedsrichter/1712

Incompetent certainly, bias seems likely.

I think I'll spare myself the heads gone the next time he is in the middle for one of our games. 

Must be about a 50% rate of a penalty being awarded against us in those games as well

It's a personal thing, but I'd much rather have the option of buying a top with the sponsor's logo removed. This season's Jewson logo looks awful on our strips. The sponsor logo is the reason I'd only buy the training wear these days - looks much cleaner and classier. In saying that I haven't bought any training stuff since the Adidas days. That stuff looked really good.

Edited by Young Eddie
spelling

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

£20 to see Elgin is grim. Saying that I'll be there. Just wish cup games were about £15-20 like the good old days of 5 years ago 😂

I'm 32 and I'll let you throw me over the turnstile if it means I get in free 😂

34 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

It's a personal thing, but I'd much rather have the option of buying a top with the sponsor's logo removed. This season's Jewson logo looks awful on our strips. The sponsor logo is the reason I'd only buy the training wear these days - looks much cleaner and classier. In saying that I haven't bought any training stuff since the Adidas days. That stuff looked really good.

The Jewsons logo looks out of place on our home top. The away top is a lot better.