The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

Absolutely, when you consider that we’ve only taken 7 points from the last 6 league games 

Partick lost to Cove at home.  That's a David Bangala-less Cove.    That we beat 8-0 going on about 20-0 last week.   The absolutely 100% guaranteed Brian Graham goal aside, there's no way we shouldn't be pumping Partick in 2 weeks, especially as we should surely have just beat Elgin while they lose at Ibrox.  

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Partick lost to Cove at home.  That's a David Bangala-less Cove.    That we beat 8-0 going on about 20-0 last week.   The absolutely 100% guaranteed Brian Graham goal aside, there's no way we shouldn't be pumping Partick in 2 weeks, especially as we should surely have just beat Elgin while they lose at Ibrox.  

Anyone know if his suspension is for the league or will it be served when they play rangers?

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Anyone know if his suspension is for the league or will it be served when they play rangers?

It was a straight red so it would be more than one game anyway. I’ve no idea if part of it will be served in the cup though. 

Edit: Actually might just be two games for violent conduct but I’m not sure. Shouldn’t count for the cup as it’s an entirely different competition. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I might know, if I knew what the question is. Who are we talking about and qhat's the circumstances? 

Brian Graham, suspended v Rangers only or suspended v Ayr the following week.   Red for foul and abusive language in a hilarious defeat to Cove yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Brian Graham, suspended v Rangers only or suspended v Ayr the following week.   Red for foul and abusive language in a hilarious defeat to Cove yesterday. 

Foul and abusive language doesnt cross competition as far as I remember. So suspended v Ayr I think. Straight red? 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Foul and abusive language doesnt cross competition as far as I remember. So suspended v Ayr I think. Straight red? 

Yeah straight red.  Must have said something really naughty as was miles off the ball 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah checked it. One match ban in specific competition so sent off in league, served in league. Only violent conduct, serious foul play or spitting at an opponent or official cross competitions to be served in next game . 

Superb news, thank you for confirming.  Gives us whatever the opposite of a goal head start is that Graham would have provided. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Superb news, thank you for confirming.  Gives us whatever the opposite of a goal head start is that Graham would have provided. 

We should probably check the weather forecast before we get too excited about this development.

Anyone know what the story is with Reghan Tumilty? Seems to have left Hartlepool a couple weeks ago and hasn't joined anyone else as far as I can see.

I know he's usually plays on the right side of defence, so maybe he wouldn't be all that worth it for us, but seems strange that he doesn't have a club yet. Unless he's long term injured.

11 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Where did this Mcinroy returning to Ayr nonsense come from!?

The same hype factory that had people putting four different Burnley players in the starting XI at the beginning of last season. Not even feeding off of made-up Daily Record transfers, just spun from the realms of pure fantasy.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

people putting four different Burnley players in the starting XI at the beginning of last season

What is the actual point in this Burnley link up? What do Ayr get out it, other than a shite commemorative third strip?

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

What is the actual point in this Burnley link up? What do Ayr get out it, other than a shite commemorative third strip?

Not even sure it is a thing now , I thought David Smith or Graeme Mathie said at the vision night that it did not turn out the way it was planned to due to changes in the Burnley structure 

21 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Well after that result the difference was obvious to see

Queens have brought in 4 three went straight in the team one on the bench and came on and are absolutely a lot stronger and will be in the top four

We brought a guy in who has played little football in the last two months and is clearly not up to speed so might take some time. I was really surprised he started the game based on his playing record recently.It is vital if we are to have a go we need at least three in on loan who can go straight in the team , if we go with what we have our back up youngsters are not ready for this yet, cover for injuries ok but that’s all, we won’t be in top four, all the results like last week went for us but we won’t get too many more opportunities like that.

I still think we’ll have enough to make the playoffs but won’t do much more than that. Given we’ve been pretty meh for a good month or two yet still are in the running for the title just shows how poor the quality in the league is.

I think we’ll probably look back on this season as a missed opportunity because with potentially Motherwell and Dundee United coming down and Falkirk and Dunfermline coming up the league is set to be a lot stronger next year.

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not even sure it is a thing now , I thought David Smith or Graeme Mathie said at the vision night that it did not turn out the way it was planned to due to changes in the Burnley structure 

The Burnley chairman said at the time, Ayr could leverage Burnleys supply chain for things. Like ordering merchandise, They get a bigger discount when ordering in bulk than we would. 

But if there is no dialogue between the clubs at all, why did we release a tribute strip?

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Unless I'm mistaken, this prize money is cumulative, so you've already earned the £47.5k for reaching Round 5, and therefore reaching the QF would "only" be worth an extra £54.5k plus the TV money.

That's disappointing. I was hoping it was like Chris tarrant on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' when he snatched back the lower cheque - "we don't want to give you that!"