The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If that’s remotely the truth, I don’t see why we would given we now have McAlear who is supposed to be a similar player… 

My immediate reaction when I was told about this. 

36 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Unless Murdoch is knackered.

This could also be true. 

17 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Didn't finlay leave a cryptic clue earlier ? 

I might recall a post about needing a central midfielder, but I didn’t really read anything into it at the time…

If we were to lose Murdoch, we would have an incredibly young starting side - especially when Musonda returns. 

Bizarrely Kilmarnock brought on both Lyons and Alston (though late on) today when chasing two goals - McInroy hasn’t got any kind of chance in his actual position. 

Edited by No_Problemo

13 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Agree with that , just after half time we had 2 cleared off the line that could have totally changed the game , even though QP were better team in first half they only had one shot that needed saved , believe if they had not got  penalty it was going to play out 0-0 , but still agree we were poor all over the pitch last night , maybe get another experienced midfielder in to help control the middle of park 

It was this, although McInroy ain't in the experienced midfield category

Just now, Trogdor said:

Agreed. Let's look forwards not backwards.

I’ve never understood this. If a player is good enough then why would having played for Ayr be a reason to avoid them? Plenty of players have come back to the club and done us a turn. I remember a few people being against Moffat and Geggan returning but look how they did. 

Unless Murdoch is injured I really don’t see a demand for another midfielder. I’d much rather spend the last of our budget on a defender but if Bullen thinks a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is the way forward then so be it. If there’s anyone able to come in and score a handful of important goals then it would be him. 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No use for McInroy, sign a fucking left back. 

While I do feel McInroy would be a good signing if it were to happen, I can't help but feel you're right with this. We desperately need a LB.

I think we constantly look vulnerable on the left side of the defence (unless we're playing Cove), and teams seem to deliberately target high balls over the top on that side, because Reading gets caught under it every fucking time.

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

While I do feel McInroy would be a good signing if it were to happen, I can't help but feel you're right with this. We desperately need a LB.

I think we constantly look vulnerable on the left side of the defence (unless we're playing Cove), and teams seem to deliberately target high balls over the top on that side, because Reading gets caught under it every fucking time.

To say something nice about Paddy I think part of that tactic is because he actually leads (before the last round of fixtures at least) the league in interceptions.  

The other side is that if the ball goes over his head he is minging.  

7 hours ago, North British 2 said:

£150k at stake here in prize money plus maybe a huge chunk of gate money , so let's not drop our top striker . Stick young Fraser up beside him in a 442 . I'd also g8ne Daire a run on the left .

I don't have the prize money to hand but I doubt that there is a difference of £150,000 between going out in round 6 compared to round 5.  £150,000 will be more likely the total compared to (guess) £75/80,000 in the last round.    

It's still good money but it's not as drastic as losing £150,000 entirely.  

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I don't have the prize money to hand but I doubt that there is a difference of £150,000 between going out in round 6 compared to round 5.  £150,000 will be more likely the total compared to (guess) £75/80,000 in the last round.    

It's still good money but it's not as drastic as losing £150,000 entirely.  

You are correct , if we bow out against Elgin we get £71k ,a win gets us £126k minimum. The delta would get us a player or two for next season....

50 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Loan market open until end of February.  Pump Elgin, get a good draw that brings in some decent cash then get some of it spent loaning in some competent defenders. 

With our style of play we're always going to concede goals, that's the trade off with scoring so many I'm afraid and in all fairness our defence has been pretty solid apart from the odd game, hence we're still 2nd in the league.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

If that’s remotely the truth, I don’t see why we would given we now have McAlear who is supposed to be a similar player… 

Looking forward to seeing McAlear against Elgin, I thought he was really poor on Friday so I'm expecting a big performance from him now.