The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Aye I wouldn’t change too much against Elgin. Maybe go back to a 4-4-2 and play Bryden up front with Dipo. McAlear to play to get some more sharpness alongside Dempsey. Too much at stake to gamble with changes. Let McAdams stay in since he’s played in the last two cup games. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why?

Its not like it’s a midweek game - I don’t see what purpose a two week rest for Dipo makes unless he is carrying an injury. 

It is also the Scottish cup last 16, and a huge game! 

2 reasons.

1- if he plays and takes a knock we are fucked.

2- Bryden and mckenzie should be more than enough to get past Elgin and the confidence they gain if they get a goal or two would be great 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I wouldn’t change too much against Elgin. Maybe go back to a 4-4-2 and play Bryden up front with Dipo. McAlear to play to get some more sharpness alongside Dempsey. Too much at stake to gamble with changes. Let McAdams stay in since he’s played in the last two cup games. 

Only reason I would go with the 4/3/3 or 4/2/3/1 would be to get some practise actually controlling games in that set up with McAlear in behind the striker. Regardless, the direct counter attacking football isn’t exactly going to work. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

2 reasons.

1- if he plays and takes a knock we are fucked.

2- Bryden and mckenzie should be more than enough to get past Elgin and the confidence they gain if they get a goal or two would be great 

Should they as a partnership though? I’m not so sure. If Elgin sit in I don’t see either having the individual quality to unlock that at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why?

Its not like it’s a midweek game - I don’t see what purpose a two week rest for Dipo makes unless he is carrying an injury. 

It is also the Scottish cup last 16, and a huge game! 

He has played nearly every minute of every game while others have been rested.  Take the opportunity to have him on the bench.  

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I think we should go 4-4-2 against Elgin and really go for it wouldn’t change too much but would give some players a chance to prove themselves to be in the starting 11 for the next league game

350DA2A4-D420-4CA1-98D9-D9974C6769D7.png

Is that our fourth kit?

51 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Results went our way today so we've got away with that last night, need to be back on it for the Partick game.  Day off needed for Dipo against Elgin IMO

£150k at stake here in prize money plus maybe a huge chunk of gate money , so let's not drop our top striker . Stick young Fraser up beside him in a 442 . I'd also g8ne Daire a run on the left .

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I think we should go 4-4-2 against Elgin and really go for it wouldn’t change too much but would give some players a chance to prove themselves to be in the starting 11 for the next league game

350DA2A4-D420-4CA1-98D9-D9974C6769D7.png

Not a bad team. Definitely think 442 is the way forward until the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

£150k at stake here in prize money plus maybe a huge chunk of gate money , so let's not drop our top striker . Stick young Fraser up beside him in a 442 . I'd also g8ne Daire a run on the left .

Exactly. It's a minimum of 150k, with the right draw it could be a lot more. This game is huge for us financially so there is no way I would be dropping the best striker in the Championship.

By all means change things rapidly if we manage to go into a comfortable lead but until then we have to play our strongest 11 in my view. Elgin are going to come and try to park the bus so we are going to have to be at our best to get through a packed defence.

If there's only a couple having an off night the team can still carry them to a good result, but when it's 7/8 having an off night then you've got no chance and that's what happened last night.

Missed Murdoch massively in the midfield to take the game by the scruff of the neck and try and assert some control in the midfield.

McAllister, McGinty and Reading are all good players on their days but all have mistakes in them, which if you're trying to do something special, is going to catch up at some point and it did last night. Kirk is an example of a brilliant player who always has a good game at worst and then at his best is outstanding, fact he was our best player last night driving forward with the ball said it all for the rest of them. His two headed clearances while nearly on the ground and couple of last ditch blocks shouldn't go unnoticed either. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Kirk is an example of a brilliant player who always has a good game at worst and then at his best is outstanding

I reckon Kirk is probably the best player in the Championship. We're lucky to have him. Michael Rose had a good couple of seasons at Ayr and he's now well established down south but Kirk is a level above.

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The only result that didn’t go our way this weekend was our own.

Graham getting sent off presumably means he won’t be featuring against us in a fortnight. 

Not sure, seems to be talk it will be applied to their cup game next week, although if it's violent conduct it'll be more than 1 game which would make that argument irrelevant 

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not sure, seems to be talk it will be applied to their cup game next week, although if it's violent conduct it'll be more than 1 game which would make that argument irrelevant 

Megginson was sent off on Tuesday and played today so surely grahams ban should only apply to the league since he was sent off in a league game

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Any truth in the rumour you’re getting McInroy on loan?

Heard a wee whisper today.

He’s clearly out of favour here at the minute, so you never know…….

You're not the only one that's heard the whispers...