The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Disappointing performance tonight. Our midfield weren't at the races and we left Dipo isolated trying to play as a target man.  Very few players came out of that well, Kirk possibly the exception. He really is a good footballer.

I'm not convinced by JML. He seems too lightweight and doesn't have the confidence to take on his man.

Also think we badly missed Murdoch. It's a step up for Hewitt to go from Peterhead to the top of the Championship just yet, although he'll learn from this, I'm sure.

Going forward I'd like to see Dipo and McKenzie paired up front.

6 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Disappointing performance tonight. Our midfield weren't at the races and we left Dipo isolated trying to play as a target man.  Very few players came out of that well, Kirk possibly the exception. He really is a good footballer.

I'm not convinced by JML. He seems too lightweight and doesn't have the confidence to take on his man.

Also think we badly missed Murdoch. It's a step up for Hewitt to go from Peterhead to the top of the Championship just yet, although he'll learn from this, I'm sure.

Going forward I'd like to see Dipo and McKenzie paired up front.

Given all the stuff Hewitt was really bad at was physical I can't see how Murdoch helps?!

33 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

No chance with that DKB reffing the game.

I understand you’re pissed off with the result but let’s get one thing perfectly clear here.

He is definitely not one of us, we detest the man more than you lot do.

His dad played for us but he has fucked us up over the years, as if to balance any perceived preferential balance.

He is definitely not a DKB.. more a DB……..

29 minutes ago, Rayfine said:

his passing was dreadful tonight. aimless wasted long balls to no one.

That was the match plan as far as I could see.  It was like David Hopkin was back. 

42 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

Plenty of loose passes from his fellow centre half with next to no one where I was standing howling at him for doing it. 

C’mon - let’s not attempt to compare the Kirk and McGinty performances tonight. McGinty was first season at us woeful unfortunately - I’m sure he will get back on track, be just does this occasionally and reverts back. 

Depressingly, Kirk was our best attacking outlet. I’m assuming he got fed up of the hoofball and just attempted to do it by himself with his driving runs. 

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was the match plan as far as I could see.  It was like David Hopkin was back. 

Absolutely this - I thought the midfield three was to get more control of games, like we had against Cove at times. Absolutely pointless having three in there to bypass them - we would have been as well just playing two up front. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

854982995_2950726.main_image2.thumb.jpg.f7bef4069159402534b81b831619e120.jpg

The set up was terrible.  We have tried to get the ball forward quickly all season and some of that has been punts.  If you aim to use your wingers to drive at defences big punts can actually serve a purpose cause they don't know what the defender is going to do.  When it got to half time and we had only punted the ball it was time to change it up a little.  

The only player not trying to punt it was McAleer but he looked terrible doing it because nobody was available for any of them, it was as if he was prepared for a different game to his teammates, it wouldn't have helped if he was in tune cause it would just be another guy kicking it out for goal kicks and throw ins but it looked terrible how out of touch he was with all around him.   

The manager's tactics have completely bombed tonight and it entirely rests with him and his shit hoofball experiment. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely this - I thought the midfield three was to get more control of games, like we had against Cove at times. Absolutely pointless having three in there to bypass them - we would have been as well just playing two up front. 

It felt like being a man down the way the game panned out.  Agree. 

Piss poor performance from almost all in an Ayr strip. Thought Alex Kirk had a good game, aside. At least it’s Elgin next week and a chance to get a few goals, confidence back up and a quarter final place. 

McAlear looked woeful. I think he will turn out a good signing but my god a week is a long time in football. 

Kirk's header hit the post but he was (wrongly) flagged offside. 

As for Hewitt, it was the technical side of the game that let him down. Lots of loose touches in tight situations and QP would end up coming away with the ball. His shot at the start of the second half summed up his performance.