The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Trying not to overreact to the game, but everyone jizzing themselves about a transfer window where we lost one of our best players and brought in one player is looking a wee bit OTT after that.

Lost 4 and brought in -1 isn’t good businesses 

Bad performance and we were a yard off it all night. 

McAlear will get hammered after what was a poor debut but I’m not that worried about him. He hasn’t played for about a month and has been restricted to sub appearances since October. IIRC it took McInroy a couple of games to get up to speed after spending so long not playing at Celtic after his loan at Airdrie ended. It’s natural to be lacking in sharpness. Bullen probably wants to get him in to build it up quicker but it was arguably going to be the hardest game for him to do that tonight. 

Don’t really think I could give anyone pass marks after that. Mullen looked the most likely to do something and Kirk was fine but besides that we picked a helluva game to decide to drop the ball in. 

That's probably our worst performance of the season, certainly top three. Credit to QP who were in our faces from the beginning and didn't let off but i thought we were leggy, lacked ideas and pretty woeful at the back. Plenty of warnings in the first half and eventually one of those attacks leads to the penalty, no complaints about the decision either. 

Akinyemi far too isolated and asked to do too much. JML and Mullin didn't get in to the game as much as they should and poor Ben Dempsey having to do Hewitt and McAlear's jobs for them. I'll bet Bangala could have done what McAleer did tonight - nothing. 

Genuinely woeful performances from the calamity trio of Reading, McGinty and McAllister. At least the latter have been decent lately, absolutely sick of Reading putting in utter shite performances week after week. 

Back to the direct football, which didn’t work all game. Why the f**k was Hewitt our most advanced midfielder, he can provide energy but there isn’t an attacking or creative bone in his body. 

McGinty and McCallister are liabilities but have been flawless for 6 -8 games.  McCallister gave away the first and combined with McGinty to shitefest the second.

Dempsey was on his own in the midfield, Mullen only had an isolated Dipo to aim for in a forward position.

Too many passengers in the team and we lost some of the competition during the week. The team shouldnt need a wake up call because we have been poor for months but hopefully this is a wake up call o the club that we need to do better to compete. This shite that we are overachieving and we should accept our place, we gave away 2 goals and created zip, making changes far to late.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dipo left stranded yet again

See, I thought that McKenzie for Hewitt looked a good idea, maybe have a better attack. If anything he made things worse 😒 Dipo really needs someone to play off.

Looked like Akinyemi scored a header, shame there's no var in the championship 😒

That og from McAllister was some hit though, net bursting stuff 🫤 shame it wasn't the correct end.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

we picked a helluva game to decide to drop the ball in. 

It isn’t a complete coincidence though. Queens Park harried us whenever we had the ball and we couldn’t cope. The last time a team did that to us so well was probably Dundee, which again we lost.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAlear will get hammered after what was a poor debut but I’m not that worried about him. He hasn’t played for about a month and has been restricted to sub appearances since October. IIRC it took McInroy a couple of games to get up to speed after spending so long not playing at Celtic after his loan at Airdrie ended. It’s natural to be lacking in sharpness. Bullen probably wants to get him in to build it up quicker but it was arguably going to be the hardest game for him to do that tonight. 

I could be wrong but i seem to recall the gap between Kerr leaving Airdrie and joining us to only be a few weeks? McAlear looked way off it tonight, not sure what it is he is meant to do well!

Just now, Shibuya said:

I could be wrong but i seem to recall the gap between Kerr leaving Airdrie and joining us to only be a few weeks? McAlear looked way off it tonight, not sure what it is he is meant to do well!

McInroy left Airdrie at the start of January. Think he played a game for Airdrie and then left that week. It was probably around the same time that McAlear last played for Tranmere but the difference is that McInroy was at least starting and lasting the majority of games. McAlear has been reduced to sub appearances for a couple of months now. 

Chuck him in a reserve game and let him start against Elgin. He was poor tonight but he looked like someone who hadn’t kicked a ball properly for a while. 

Does feel in Q3 that our set up has been based on how well it worked in the last game (i.e last Friday). Having played teams twice we might have been better looking at the previous games against the same opponent. No way we set up 4-5-1 tonight if they do.

Also McAlear's been thrown in a week early, as he lacked the understanding with the other 2, especially as Smith hadn't really done anything wrong to get dropped. Still expect plenty of twists to come so all is not lost.