The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Dempsey - Brilliant signing if he was not injured we would have been safe well before the final game last season, great bit of business getting him on a 3 year deal. 9 out of 10

Noticed today that his contract is with us until 2025, if he keeps it up 2nd half of the season we could struggle to keep hold of him in the summer, clubs probably enquired in January.

Good thing is we'd get a good bit of cash for him with 2 years left on his deal, obviously would prefer to keep him though for at least another season.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's Lolkirk now and always!

As much as they carry the banter parody i'd prefer them in our league to be perfectly honest, decent stadia for an away day even though they've only got 3 stands and would bring a meaningful away support to Somerset.

Put it this way they'd contribute more to the league than the likes of a Cove Rangers with 400 fans and BBQ tents as stands...

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

As much as they carry the banter parody i'd prefer them in our league to be perfectly honest, decent stadia for an away day even though they've only got 3 stands and would bring a meaningful away support to Somerset.

Put it this way they'd contribute more to the league than the likes of a Cove Rangers with 400 fans and BBQ tents as stands...

Aye but their P&B posters....

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nah, I'd rather Lolkirk languish in League One for eternity. There are few clubs whose fans are as pompous and entitled. Another 5 years in League One and they may have developed some humility.

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Full back from Coventry think he came on against Thistle on the ploughed field and probably injured him self something tells me he's on loan at Falkirk now.

Aye Rowe is at Falkirk, was in the SPFL team of the week last week at right back with Josh Mullin ahead of him at right midfield funnily enough.  

He also made a very brief sub appearance when we won away at Killie, which I remember not even noticing at the time somehow.  

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Gondoh seemed like a good addition to the dressing room though, guy always had a smile on his face and seemed genuinely delighted for his team mates when they were doing well

A lot of people were pinning that fact on McGinty when he was selling the jersey, so why can't it apply to others?

Because I just said that they didn’t contribute anything on the pitch. If we’re rating them as signings then they have to be judged purely on their footballing contribution. 

Being a good laugh in the dressing room doesn’t count for much. McGinty is a senior figure in the squad and will have contributed a lot more off the pitch than Gondoh did. Gondoh probably contributed more to the nightclubs than he did Ayr United.

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In the event we somehow do win promotion this season how many of our players do you think could contribute in the premiership. For me, Albinson, Musonda, Murdoch, Dempsey, Mullin and Akinyemi. 

I think JML has something to offer going forward. If he gains a lot of confidence and starts believe his ability he could go far I think. 

far better than the likes of Mcdaid imo

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In the event we somehow do win promotion this season how many of our players do you think could contribute in the premiership. For me, Albinson, Musonda, Murdoch, Dempsey, Mullin and Akinyemi. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not convinced Murdoch would step up all that well. I’d keep him around but I’m not sure he’s at that level. 

You’d be looking at 5-6 upgrades on the squad anyway with the full backs attacking midfielders being the priority. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think JML has something to offer going forward. If he gains a lot of confidence and starts believe his ability he could go far I think. 

far better than the likes of Mcdaid imo

i think he has something to offer going forward too, but frustratingly he is always too deep on the halfway line with his back to goal and wants to pass it sideways or backwards to mcginty who blasts it out for goal kick. think he is too lightweight and knows he will get easily out muscled when going forward. does he suffer from a lack of confidence?

7 hours ago, Rayfine said:

i think he has something to offer going forward too, but frustratingly he is always too deep on the halfway line with his back to goal and wants to pass it sideways or backwards to mcginty who blasts it out for goal kick. think he is too lightweight and knows he will get easily out muscled when going forward. does he suffer from a lack of confidence?

Cant believe when talking about JML that  someone takes the opportunity to slag off McGinty who is currently playing his best football for us 

34 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Cant believe when talking about JML that  someone takes the opportunity to slag off McGinty who is currently playing his best football for us 

McGinty is the corner stone and heartbeat of this team . The club captain deserves a bit more respect from one or two of the trolls on here . The side can play a bit but also can dig in when things aren't going to plan or the weather is poor . Its February and we're still in the fight , this is uncharted waters for Ayr United ! People should be enjoying the journey not taking cheap shots at our own guys and especially not the skipper . 

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Probably just Musonda.  

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you do go up, and I hope you do as long as we are still there as well, you only need to look at us to see how big a refit you’d need.

Anyway, I’ll now f**k back off upstairs, all the best for the remainder of the season DABs. xx

McGinty's distribution is largely poor, that is neither a hot take nor is it a harsh criticism. It's a fact.

He's not in the team for his distribution though. He's there to defend and he's been doing a great job of that this season.