The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hartley must have seen something he liked in him last night at least, wonder if this was just all arranged this morning then.

Hartley's comments in Cove's announcement seems to suggest they were aware he was available for loan and after seeing him recently, confirmed they wanted to bring him.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Does this mean we are likely to bring in a loanee replacement for Bangala?

Do we need one?

We seem set if Frankie and Murdoch are back soon enough.  

3 good centre halves and McAllister can fit in if need be.  3 strong (ish) full backs (with flexibility).

Murdoch, Dempsey and the new guy in centre mid - supported by the 2 youngsters smith and hewitt.

Plenty of options creatively on both sides, with similar options up top.

I like the balance in the squad at the moment.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Hartley's comments in Cove's announcement seems to suggest they were aware he was available for loan and after seeing him recently, confirmed they wanted to bring him.

Very complimentary quotes by Hartley.

Don't see it myself but obviously they know better than me, by a million percent.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Do we need one?

3 good centre halves and McAllister can fit in if need be.  3 strong (ish) full backs (with flexibility).

Murdoch, Dempsey and the new guy in centre mid - supported by the 2 youngsters smith and hewitt.

Injuries and suspensions can kick in at any point. Always useful to have backup, especially in defence. 

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Pump us 8-0 over two legs and we take a squad player off of you who looked nothing better than what we have in that position. What a time to be alive if you are Cove fan. We have Yule, Scully, Fyvie, Virtanen and others. Hartley signing players for the fun of it rather than addressing the gaping holes, i.e centre forward and centre back.

Anyway congrats on the wins, the signing of McLear and Mullin on a permanent basis. All the best in the league title tilt and with progression in the cup

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Pump us 8-0 over two legs and we take a squad player off of you who looked nothing better than what we have in that position. What a time to be a Cove fan. We have Yule, Scully, Fyvie, Virtanen and others. Hartley signing players for the fun of it rather than addressing the gaping holes, i.e centre forward and centre back.

Any congrats on the wins, the signing of McLear and Mullin on a permanent basis. All the best in the league title tilt and with progression in the cup

He can cover centre half and right back.  I was amazed when Kirk and Musonda were both out and Houston got injured that we tried McAllister at centre half and Ecrepont right back then Bangala at right back.  Genuinely think he would be a better centre half than centre mid.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He can cover centre half and right back.  I was amazed when Kirk and Musonda were both out and Houston got injured that we tried McAllister at centre half and Ecrepont right back then Bangala at right back.  Genuinely think he would be a better centre half than centre mid.

He definitely can’t play right back, and the thought of Bangala at centre half is absolutely fucking terrifying….

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Do we need one?

This is the thing, with our current squad I'd say they've all got a part to play and I wouldn't say we have anyone right now who you'd refer to as a "nightmare", "waste of space", "dumpling", "totally useless" etc and I'm pretty sure it's been a while since we could say that !!

My only slight concern is if Dipo was to be injured it would mean going with Bryden and McKenzie (probably) as our 2 main strikers and I'm not 100% convinced that either are quite ready for that, although both undoubtedly have a huge part still to play.

Lots of options now though with Daire back and JML looking more confident and both Smith and Hewitt also proving that they are capable at this level if required.

All in all it's been a fantastic week, a great 3 points and confidence boosting victory coupled with another excellent victory in the cup using lots of our squad players, getting them game time, match fitness and confidence and at the end of it having an extremely winnable home tie to get us into the money spinning and exciting last 8 of the Cup. Over and above this it's been a great transfer window where we've held on to all our prized assets and even managed to add a proven player at this level at a great age in the correct position that we really were short in.

Now we just need the cherry on top of the cake at Ochilview on Friday......

For what it's worth I'm back in team happy-clap. Brilliant bit of psychology for the club to be deliberately pish and lull their closest rivals into taking it easy during the winter transfer window only to explode out of it at the end like the A-Team van out of a barn. Just need QP to get ejected from the cup and then pap them on Friday now.

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bangala to Cove is a strange one, considering he played against them on Fri and last night.

And those were his two best appearances. Also it's Hartley, who frequently appears to be trying to win a bet to get relegated.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And those were his two best appearances. Also it's Hartley, who frequently appears to be trying to win a bet to get relegated.

Speaking of relegation, I just bumped into Wee Brian, killie fan who formerly worked in the train station at Troon and proper good guy 👍

He's 100% sure that Kilmarnock will reach the play offs and meet Ayr and get pumped 😂

Sounds good to me 😂

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Speaking of relegation, I just bumped into Wee Brian, killie fan who formerly worked in the train station at Troon and proper good guy 👍

He's 100% sure that Kilmarnock will reach the play offs and meet Ayr and get pumped 😂

Sounds good to me 😂

Brian is an all round good guy.

Hopefully Bangala plays every game for Cove he can and he can come back a better player for next season, if not, maybe they’ll take him off our hands permanently. 

The window has seen more exits than entrances and we could well be short of players with a couple more injuries and suspensions. 
it’s probably where youth loans are needed, have players who have been playing u21 or b team football and get them playing and training with first team players at another club and trying to make an impact. Hopefully we will get a couple in to beef up the squad a bit.