The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Could McAlear by the second signing and an incredibly under the radar player already be signed up…

If we’ve signed two I’d guess it’s Mullin confirmed on loan till the end of the season or on a permanent deal plus McAlear. 

On 29/01/2023 at 18:57, rb123! said:

Wonder if McInroy still is/ever was an option, didn't even come off the bench on Saturday i see, kind of player we're crying out for upfront to link with Dipo i'd say, would expect a reluctance however for Killie to give him to us on loan considering we're up the top end of the Championship and they're bottom of the premiership so technically just 2 places between us as 12th and 14th club in Scottish Football.

McCall says he has missed out on an attacking player from England so unless we've hijacked that one or it's a completely different set of circumstances, still wouldn't surprise if we get at least 1 from down south. 

McInnes mentioned today that some players might be going on loan to lower league clubs. I would be surprised if McInroy is one of them but he hasn’t had the best of times although based on your statement about “up front” and “link” tells me that we are not using him correctly. Not sure if we would send him to you for the reasons you said though.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

McInnes mentioned today that some players might be going on loan to lower league clubs. I would be surprised if McInroy is one of them but he hasn’t had the best of times although based on your statement about “up front” and “link” tells me that we are not using him correctly. Not sure if we would send him to you for the reasons you said though.

Were you not using him as a left wing back at one point though? 

I had a feeling he’d be too slow for the top flight but you have to play him in an advanced midfield role to give him any chance of doing anything. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Were you not using him as a left wing back at one point though? 

I had a feeling he’d be too slow for the top flight but you have to play him in an advanced midfield role to give him any chance of doing anything. 

Left wing back or as a sort of sitting left-sided midfielder. It’s not been too clear exactly what his role in the team is. 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Left wing back or as a sort of sitting left-sided midfielder. It’s not been too clear exactly what his role in the team is. 

I have a feeling that McInnes signed him off the back of a good six months for us without any real idea of where he fitted in. 

Lad should have stuck with us or at least stayed at this level. Jumped far too quickly. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I have a feeling that McInnes signed him off the back of a good six months for us without any real idea of where he fitted in. 

Lad should have stuck with us or at least stayed at this level. Jumped far too quickly

Our concept of his move will be wildly different to his.  For him, he was leaving Celtic and staying in the Premiership. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lad should have stuck with us or at least stayed at this level. Jumped far too quickly. 

Agree about McInnes but not about the move. It’s easy to look back with hindsight and says it been a bad move but most players would have the confidence in themselves to do well at a higher level. Plus the slightly increased wages too I’m sure.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can’t really announce someone much later than this surely 

Nothing clearly happening now, have the fear we've lost out on a signing like Connor Shields to Dundee or something at the last minute