The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've just had one of those awful terrible thoughts 😬

With Aberdeen launching Jim Goodwin into the sea, they'll obviously be looking for a new, successful looking management.

Swear down, they come for Bullen and I'll headbutt them back to sheepshaggerland myself!

I think they’ll need to go for a bigger name than bully . They have buggered up the last two appointments . I’m going to say Neil Lennon will get it 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's no way Aberdeen are fishing in the usual ponds for their next manager. Bullen is, success this season or not, less accomplished at present than Goodwin was.

Also Bullen seems unusually loyal, first to Sheffield Wednesday (until they eventually wore him out) and now to Ayr, or at least to the ownership. Totally unlike McCall who despite sayinbg the right things was pretty blatantly looking over the horizon as soon as he'd redeemed himself.

I think Bullen would be far more tempted by a job down South given that’s where his family is. Unless Hearts came calling I think he’d find it hard to move. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Bullen would be far more tempted by a job down South given that’s where his family is. Unless Hearts came calling I think he’d find it hard to move. 

Or Falkirk. Remember how big Falkirk's gates are.

59 minutes ago, United1973 said:

I think they’ll need to go for a bigger name than bully . They have buggered up the last two appointments . I’m going to say Neil Lennon will get it 

The comedy value of that would be immense. He was totally unhinged when last managing in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

There's no way Aberdeen are fishing in the usual ponds for their next manager. Bullen is, success this season or not, less accomplished at present than Goodwin was.

Also Bullen seems unusually loyal, first to Sheffield Wednesday (until they eventually wore him out) and now to Ayr, or at least to the ownership. Totally unlike McCall who despite sayinbg the right things was pretty blatantly looking over the horizon as soon as he'd redeemed himself.

100%, Uncle Ian is the managerial equivalent of a player who joins on loan and starts kissing the badge on day one before fucking off at the end of their loan spell.

It's funny to look back at that first friday night game away at Queens Park in August. 

Prior to that game, the expectations were not good. I am definitely one of those who was most critical of what, at the time of the league cup group stages, seemed like a team that weren't capable of performing better than what we had seen in the previous 2 seasons.

The really good feeling around the club right now is directly traceable to the second half comeback and the way we have kicked on since that point. Now we go back there with a chance to go top in early February. 

It would be great to see us take a really healthy crowd up there and I think we will. With the way things have gone we are currently looking very good for a play off place so we can't afford to let it slip. If we can get a result at Ochilview, I'd love to see us add a few hundred more to the home gate for the games at Somerset that follow. 

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've just had one of those awful terrible thoughts 😬

With Aberdeen launching Jim Goodwin into the sea, they'll obviously be looking for a new, successful looking management.

Swear down, they come for Bullen and I'll headbutt them back to sheepshaggerland myself!

They'll be a after someone with more experience I would think.

If they go left field they might go for Darren Fletcher, but I can't see them going for Bullen.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Some chat on our Facebook groups that Mullin has been recalled by us, any word on your end? 

If true then it’s a horrifically bad look for Martindale and the club. Recalling a player you have no use for only because we aren’t able to pay more than the agreed upon amount of his wages. He can’t go anywhere else either so he’ll end up sitting in the stands for six months until he’s out of contract. Not to mention you now have to pay all of his wages rather than the majority of them. I get that you need to free up money for signings but worse case scenario you would’ve had us paying a portion of it rather than none of it.