The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I asked ChatGPT why we haven't made any signings

Transfer windows and signing activity can be subject to change and depend on various factors such as team finances, player availability, and coaching decisions. It's possible that Ayr United has not signed anyone during this transfer window because they do not currently need any new players or they are unable to afford any new acquisitions at this time.

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could we free up wages by releasing Musonda in the way Salkeld was released? The guy is made of twiglets and is constantly injured. We need someone at the back as this no signing thing is getting annoying.

Short answer no

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could we free up wages by releasing Musonda in the way Salkeld was released? The guy is made of twiglets and is constantly injured. We need someone at the back as this no signing thing is getting annoying.

We could free up McGintys wages by allowing him to go to one of the teams interested and signing a replacement if we had one lined up.

if we let Fin and Brad go, they must be expecting players in. Getting rid of cover at left back is a strange one as we need McGinty while Musonda is out.

We have 3 games in a week and we can only play new players in 2 of them, with a smaller squad and 3 important games, I’d have liked players in before tomorrow night.

18 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Horrific shout for several reasons 

1) He’s on a two year deal

2) He’s far better and more important to us than Salkeld who was a bit part player.

3) If we release him we would only have 2 natural centre backs in Kirk and McGinty.

4) Prior to his injury he was probably our best player after Dipo.

5) Salkeld had done his ACL and was likely to be out for close to a year. 

It’s really frustrating that he’s injured and his career seems to have been blighted by injuries. Starting to see why Raith didn’t try and keep him however a fully fit Musonda is easily one of the best centre halves in the league. 

Musonda ripped his tights and been out for 3 months, jesus if he had an ACL injury he'd be on a life support machine!!!

Seriously though he was very good before injury however on the back of this injury and his record at Raith we will need to bring another CH in this summer to replace him, he can stay as cover or be moved on ideally, but he can't be figured in as our main CH that would be folly, shame because he's a good player. 

McGinty and McAllister can't go anywhere just now, I'd be happy keeping both, who appear great character's amongst the squad and the community, both are improving under Bully. 

Realistically no one else bar possibly Bangala can go until 2/3 minimum come in. 

And they will so chill. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can we please put an end to the myth of Akinyemi not playing well? Aside from the league cup he’s been brilliant for us even when he doesn’t score. 

I didnt say he hasnt been playing well. Dipo started the season quietly and the last month he has been quiet on the goal scoring front. Rightly or wrongly, strikers are judged on their goals. Dipo isnt quite "top 6" Scottish prem standards..yet 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd rather Bullen did something about his absence, a signing of some sort 🫤 I don't like the idea of Ayr slipping down the league because of not covering injuries. 

We all want signings but I don't think its a case of needing to make room on the wage bill. Trust Mathie, Glendinning & Bullen - they know what they are doing. I suspect some deals have maybe fallen through or parent clubs are holding tight to the end of the window. It's been a slow transfer window across the board tbh.

I'm expecting three additions before the window slams shut. I'll be fucking gurning if we don't. I'm already fucked off with the team we are playing tomorrow. Injuries are fucking us over at the minute.

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Injuries are fucking us over at the minute.

Musondas injuries have hampered his playing time and I'm certain that Mathie, Glendinning and Bullen knew of his marmite flavoured wheat-based muscles, before getting him to put pen to paper 🤔 sadly the boy is extremely injury prone. Fantastic when he plays though and right now, he's really what we need, fit and ready to go!

I wasn't likening him to Salkeld as a player, his injury was much worse than Musondas. I do think Ayr should be clearer as to how long a player can be suspected to be out injured for, depending on the type of injury, (Craig Moore springs to mind) the rough time estimate of recovery given to the fans.

We've been waiting on Musondas comeback week after week now, believing he'll be back in training, to hear he's out for longer 🫤 which is just total anxiety inducing piss on the run up to the end of the season, where we would really need our best players, with Musonda being one.

12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I would have kept Finn instead of sending him out on loan because he has done fine when we have played him and he was a decent option to have.

Hope this loan move helps him push on and improve further. 

He did show good promise against hamilton, but in the game Vs partick he got absolutley rag dolled and should have been subbed at half time or earlier. we were gash in that game but a big factor in losing that game was bullen not making that change. not sure about him being any better thann what we have after that match. it certainly wouldn't have helped his confidence.

Match day hopefully get a repeat of the Dundee performance that was live on TV just before the August deadline - Josh Mullin mentioned a couple of times after signing that watching how the team set up.and played that night was a factor in him deciding to sign.   Bullen mentioned in the press conference that the players we are in for all have a few clubs after them that would be able to offer more money and that it was then up to us to convince them to come here and play in a successful side - perfect chance to showcase that this evening 

1 hour ago, Rayfine said:

He did show good promise against hamilton, but in the game Vs partick he got absolutley rag dolled and should have been subbed at half time or earlier. we were gash in that game but a big factor in losing that game was bullen not making that change. not sure about him being any better thann what we have after that match. it certainly wouldn't have helped his confidence.

Aye I felt quite sorry for Ecrepont in that game at Partick. I'm not sure if it was because he hadn't had enough first team minutes to be prepared, or if he just wasn't good enough / up to it, but he was absolutely rinsed at least 7/8 times and looked really lost on the pitch. As you say, he probably should have been taken off earlier as I can't imagine 80 or so minutes of that is good for someone's self esteem, especially considering how few appearances he has had with the first team to this point.