The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

There is no player we have let go that effects the starting line up ( didn’t let Chalmers go he was recalled by his team ) Young was hardly getting a game , 99% of teams have only started signing players this week , what’s the rush any new player only misses tomorrow nights game , played 2 games since Chalmers and Young left and took 4 points 

I get that but an injury to Dempsey mcginty reading or dipo fucks us. That means we may drop 3 points tomorrow and get papped out the cup on Tuesday. If we had replaced one of young and chalmers then we’d be in a better position. I get young was barely used but he was still depth which is what I’m complaining about 

guessing the deadline to sign players for tomorrow’s game has passed already? 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Tbf in the past 24 hours Finn has gone out on loan, players due back are still out, clubs sniffing around McGinty and possible Dipo bid if Nesbitt is sold. So a lot has happened to put the shitters up them. And the window closes in a few days. 

All we need now is an injury tomorrow night to really wind them up. 

This 100% for me.

I'm not usually one to "panic", however we were expecting Murdoch to be back and he isn't and we've really got no replacement for him in what is a really important position. Next, we have Musonda who seems to be out indefinitely similar to what was happening a few years back and now we've got O'Connor who was going to be back almost immediately to offset the loss of Chalmers and he's now "a couple of weeks away".

Over and above that Ecrepont (who many thought could and should be in our starting 11) has been let go and as upintheayr says, we've then got the stories of various teams looking at our key players.

As I say, I'm not generally one to get bothered and I am sure we'll get people in but surely to God people can appreciate why some of may be concerned, especially at such a crucial point in the season !!

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Tbf in the past 24 hours Finn has gone out on loan, players due back are still out, clubs sniffing around McGinty and possible Dipo bid if Nesbitt is sold. So a lot has happened to put the shitters up them. And the window closes in a few days. 

All we need now is an injury tomorrow night to really wind them up. 

As I said McGinty won’t leave until the summer as there’s no way teams are paying money for him. The Dipo panic has come about from one speculative post on here afaik? There’s nothing concrete to it. 

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I get that but an injury to Dempsey mcginty reading or dipo fucks us. That means we may drop 3 points tomorrow and get papped out the cup on Tuesday. If we had replaced one of young and chalmers then we’d be in a better position. I get young was barely used but he was still depth which is what I’m complaining about 

guessing the deadline to sign players for tomorrow’s game has passed already? 

Unless the registration for a player was submitted today and the signing gets announced in the morning

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As I said McGinty won’t leave until the summer as there’s no way teams are paying money for him. The Dipo panic has come about from one speculative post on here afaik? There’s nothing concrete to it. 

No but it's not too far fetched concerning Dipo. If Hibs sell they are looking to get someone in pronto and he would surely be on their list. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No but it's not too far fetched concerning Dipo. If Hibs sell they are looking to get someone in pronto and he would surely be on their list. 

100% . They paid the Pars £250k for Nisbet after one 20 goal season in the Championship.  They'll have no problem poaching the same league again . This time £250k won't cut it though .

3 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

100% . They paid the Pars £250k for Nisbet after one 20 goal season in the Championship.  They'll have no problem poaching the same league again . This time £250k won't cut it though .

Would it not have been a certain Graeme Mathie at Hibs at the time when they got Nisbet?

Fact Hibs aren't exactly flying and if reports are to be believed Johnson is on the brink of being sacked may come into things.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Has Dipo does enough to justify Hibs putting in a bid for him? Probably not. 

They're desperate though so a small amount of cash relative to what they bring in on a proven championship scorer seems like a good risk to take. Not like they have a lot of options with the time left anyway, and not with the type of player they would ideally like. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Has Dipo does enough to justify Hibs putting in a bid for him? Probably not. 

The thing about Dipo that sets him apart is he's much more than a one trick pony as we all know and that's few and far between at our level or even the level Hibs are plying their trade.

His goalscoring might dry up but his workrate / physicality, good touch and ability to draw defenders and create space for others surely hasn't been lost on anyone who's been watching him.

He's also at a very good age and when I look around the leagues there aren't many that I'm seeing with the qualities that he undoubtedly possesses.

Whilst I really like Dipo I dont think he is that stage to playing week in week out for one of Scotlands "historically better teams". Yes Hibs are gash right now but of they are looking ar getting a new striker I'm sure they're fans expectations will be higher than a player who has had 4 good months out of half a season.  

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Whilst I really like Dipo I dont think he is that stage to playing week in week out for one of Scotlands "historically better teams". Yes Hibs are gash right now but of they are looking ar getting a new striker I'm sure they're fans expectations will be higher than a player who has had 4 good months out of half a season.  

Can we please put an end to the myth of Akinyemi not playing well? Aside from the league cup he’s been brilliant for us even when he doesn’t score. 

Just listening to Bullen’s interview and Musonda hasn’t even began running yet!! After three months out, there is absolutely no way we are getting him back within the next month - more likely to see him starting towards the end of March. 

We are back to being absolutely desperate for a centre half option. Surely we aren’t going to run with five defensive options - two that can solely play at full back. Essentially we have one player in McAllister as back up for four positions, and at that it’s a stretch to think he can play LB. 

My worries are pretty short term at the moment - with the current squad / injuries / form etc I'm not overly confident of winning either of the ties with Cove.  It's only 2 games but we could be looking at 2nd in league with a very winnable last 16 tie in cup (best case) or out the cup and a run of form in which we have taken 4 or 5 points from 15 in the league including games against each of the bottom 3 sides with a pretty tough run to come (worst case).  

It really does feel like the next 2 results could set the tone for the next 4 months, regardless of who we bring in on Monday or Tuesday.   And even then, I'd be pleasantly surprised if who we bring in are better standard than the ones we have lost.  

And this is a Cove side who have recently shipped 6 goals in 2 consecutive games - that's one we really need to be looking to win.