The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Dipo to Hibs, he has gone off the boil since the window opened, whither he has had a move knocked back and gone in a bit of a huff, or he’s lost his focus or simply and more likely, teams  are setting up to cut his supply.

Why would you even bother with the nonsense about his head being turned when this is the correct answer?

He's also the person who won both the free kick that beat Hamilton and the penalty against Abroath. Even when he's not scoring goals he's making them. It's just that teams aren't stupid enough to stand off him now and he's getting precious little service that isn't in the form of long balls.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Good to see Ecripont go out on loan, I think everyone hopes he makes it as a player and at Ayr in particular. Hopefully a good few months down there will bring him on.

Him going out makes me think we’ll have someone in before tomorrow night.

On Dipo to Hibs, he has gone off the boil since the window opened, whither he has had a move knocked back and gone in a bit of a huff, or he’s lost his focus or simply and more likely, teams  are setting up to cut his supply. Either way I think it would put teams off paying silly money to get him this window. 
If he goes out and rattles 4 in against Cove in the next two games then that might change obviously. 

I don't think he's played badly, it's more that he's had to drop deeper and also had no support or any real chances created for him.

His attitude has remained top notch and he's continued to work hard so no worries that way.

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Bullen in press conference saying Murdoch and O'Connor both unlikely to make the Cove games and sounds like Musonda not actually training yet so Queens Park game seems ambitious for him, Ayrshire Post maybe slightly ambitious with their report on Wednesday. 

🤦‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think he's played badly, it's more that he's had to drop deeper and also had no support or any real chances created for him.

His attitude has remained top notch and he's continued to work hard so no worries that way.

He needs better players around him. Bare in mind this boy came from the lower leagues of England and has taken off here at Ayr. Wouldn't surprise me if Bullen and co bring up a couple more players in attacking positions.

That being said, Adeloye was full of praise for Gondoh when he joined..... 😬

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Earlier in the season he was creating chances out of nothing and bullying centre half’s, he was all over the pitch winning the ball.

In recent weeks he has played up front on his own and hasn’t put in the same work rate he had previously, with Murdoch out, there has been less support and he’s been kept quiet by opposition teams his chances have been severely limited. He was a concern in his early games because he was getting 10-15 chances in a game and scoring zip. Now he is lucky if he has a third of that. 
That’s not down to him though, we have created very little for anyone in the last 6 weeks and the change in style of play has been bogging. 

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Bullen in press conference saying Murdoch and O'Connor both unlikely to make the Cove games and sounds like Musonda not actually training yet so Queens Park game seems ambitious for him, Ayrshire Post maybe slightly ambitious with their report on Wednesday. 

Actually raging at this - AP making things up the mutants 🙈 At the very least Musonda is a month away if he isn’t even training fully yet… 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Earlier in the season he was creating chances out of nothing and bullying centre half’s, he was all over the pitch winning the ball.

In recent weeks he has played up front on his own and hasn’t put in the same work rate he had previously, with Murdoch out, there has been less support and he’s been kept quiet by opposition teams his chances have been severely limited. He was a concern in his early games because he was getting 10-15 chances in a game and scoring zip. Now he is lucky if he has a third of that. 
That’s not down to him though, we have created very little for anyone in the last 6 weeks and the change in style of play has been bogging. 

I know McKenzie is not everyone's cup of tea but I've said it before and I'll say it again now, Dipo plays much better and has much more involvement when McKenzie is beside him, surely anyone who watches our games can see that ??

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I know McKenzie is not everyone's cup of tea but I've said it before and I'll say it again now, Dipo plays much better and has much more involvement when McKenzie is beside him, surely anyone who watches our games can see that ??

100% agree

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We created more with Ashford and McKenzie up front than Chalmers and Mullen. The problem with that was the full backs were exposed and we had a two man midfield that was overran. We had Musonda and Kirk at the back and were able to break quickly. 

Musonda getting injured means McGinty shelling balls forward and we get caught out more defensively. The switch we made was more designed to stop a procession towards our defence. 

51 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Why would you even bother with the nonsense about his head being turned when this is the correct answer?

He's also the person who won both the free kick that beat Hamilton and the penalty against Abroath. Even when he's not scoring goals he's making them. It's just that teams aren't stupid enough to stand off him now and he's getting precious little service that isn't in the form of long balls.

JML won the Arbroath penalty.  

We really aren’t looking very good now going into this demanding week long period: 

RB: Houston, McAllister 

CB: McGinty, Kirk 

LB: Reading 

Wide midfield: Mullin, JML, Ashford 

CM: Dempsey, Hewitt, Smith 

ST: Akinyemi, McKenzie, Bryden 

And no, I’m not even counting Bangala. In all honesty, that is a pretty woeful state of affairs… a single injury in any position on Friday and we are pretty fucked. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We really aren’t looking very good now going into this demanding week long period: 

And no, I’m not even counting Bangala. In all honesty, that is a pretty woeful state of affairs… a single injury in any position on Friday and we are pretty fucked. 

You're optimistic then?

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Are Cove not significantly weakened as well ?

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

You're optimistic then?

Not at all, unfortunately - think we are weakened in too many parts of the park now. 

Just now, WATTOO said:

Are Cove not significantly weakened as well ?

Not that I’m aware of?! They’ve made a couple of additions too…

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not really they made a few signings and have had time to bed them in over the last week

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Not at all, unfortunately - think we are weakened in too many parts of the park now. 

Not that I’m aware of?! They’ve made a couple of additions too…

Oh dear, I hope to Christ we bring a couple in then and in the next day or so.

Nothing against Hewitt or Smith, but although both are promising, I don't think either are ready to be first team starters, especially when we have issues elsewhere in the team also.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I have faith that this time next week we'll have had a few signings in before the deadline. Still plenty of time and no need to press the panic button yet 

That’s the whole thing knackered.