The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That 3 out and 3 in we’re expecting now? 

Bizarre one, would have said he needs to be trying league one level too not league 2. Leaves us chronically short at LB now with just Reading whereas RB has Houston/McAllister and Bangala as an option. 

Unless this chalmers replacement can play LM/LB?

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Bizarre one, would have said he needs to be trying league one level too not league 2. Leaves us chronically short at LB now with just Reading whereas RB has Houston/McAllister and Bangala as an option. 

Musonda will be our back up for left back. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It must be frustrating for Ecrepont. Touted as the next big thing about 6 years ago and still kicking his heels on the bench most weeks. Good luck to him at Stranraer 

I'm annoyed for him. He did quite well when he was included in the first team, the boy can cross a good ball 🫤

Hewitt has played LB before I am sure and Musonda has covered at LB.

Just thinking deadline day is going to be an interesting one on Tuesday night since we're away to Cove.

Wonder if it'll be a case of Bully and the team up in Aberdeen and Mathie/Glendinning & Co down at Somerset doing business...

Not exactly ideal if any business is going down to the wire

Edited by rb123!

Think Bilham played LB for Meadow when he was on loan. Unlikely he'd get off the bench even if Reading's out though.

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Don't know if you're taking the piss or if this is our low expectations. Either which way the only way that this'll be acceptable is if we got a large fee for Dipo and spent it on this very window. 

Did say if we get the fee we are looking for.

Hopefully a good move for Ecrepont.  I’ve only ever seen him play those 2-3 games recently, both times out of position at right back.  Looked ok against hamilton and Raith, but had a torrid time against Partick.

I guess it’s now or never for the boy - he was being spoken about as a big prospect as far back as McCall being in charge and has never made the breakthrough.  I suppose it’s a concern that since then, Kerr, Hopkin, Duffy and now Bullen haven’t really fancied him ahead of Reading who has been very up and down throughout his time at Ayr.  Age can only be an excuse for so long.

Good to see Ecripont go out on loan, I think everyone hopes he makes it as a player and at Ayr in particular. Hopefully a good few months down there will bring him on.

Him going out makes me think we’ll have someone in before tomorrow night.

On Dipo to Hibs, he has gone off the boil since the window opened, whither he has had a move knocked back and gone in a bit of a huff, or he’s lost his focus or simply and more likely, teams  are setting up to cut his supply. Either way I think it would put teams off paying silly money to get him this window. 
If he goes out and rattles 4 in against Cove in the next two games then that might change obviously. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Dipo to Hibs, he has gone off the boil since the window opened, whither he has had a move knocked back and gone in a bit of a huff, or he’s lost his focus or simply and more likely, teams  are setting up to cut his supply

Both games this year he has been up front on his own trying to fight for long balls against 2 big centre backs.  It's pretty unsurprising that he doesn't seem to be getting in the same goalscoring positions as before.  

Bullen in press conference saying Murdoch and O'Connor both unlikely to make the Cove games and sounds like Musonda not actually training yet so Queens Park game seems ambitious for him, Ayrshire Post maybe slightly ambitious with their report on Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Both games this year he has been up front on his own trying to fight for long balls against 2 big centre backs.  It's pretty unsurprising that he doesn't seem to be getting in the same goalscoring positions as before.  

Dipo has been playing well, he needs support and most of our other attacking players are average