The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Dumbarton and East Stirling seem to be listed so don't see why Ayr would not be entitled?

We cut his loan short, so maybe something to do with that?  McCall playing the long game to get Thistle more money IMO.  Also, I see on wikipedia it has him scoring 16 goals for us :lol:

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

We cut his loan short, so maybe something to do with that?  McCall playing the long game to get Thistle more money IMO.  Also, I see on wikipedia it has him scoring 16 goals for us :lol:

Didn't realise that. How long was at Ayr then? Half a season or was it less? I seemed to think he had two spells with you.

From Nesbits time at Ayr and everywhere else he’s been, he appears to have a shocking attitude. 

I remember McCall shouting at him to get up one game when he was pretending to be injured, he then took the huff when he was subbed.

He then scored against us for Dunfermline, midway through the second half, 5min later he just sat down on the pitch before being substituted, it was like he’d just decided, nup, my games by, get me off. The only time I’ve seen anything like it was when Merengi walked off the park in a friendly against Motherwell, walked from the far side of the pitch to the dugout and said he was coming off. Roberts didn’t have a sub ready or anything.

Nesbit downed tools at Hibs when they blocked his move before, I don’t see him being a success at Millwall. 

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Didn't realise that. How long was at Ayr then? Half a season or was it less? I seemed to think he had two spells with you.

He came in and looked ok, pretty raw. He didn’t look interested some weeks and McCall didn’t rate him and gave him pelters from the dugout some weeks. Think he was on loan for a season and we sent him back at Christmas 

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

August to January, 20 games, 2 goals.  Was a whole season loan, but was sent back when he faked an injury and came off.  

I get a lot of folk here still give him some stick, but he has done well and got his head down.  Same with I am sure how the likes of St Mirren and Morton fans view Shankland.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

August to January, 20 games, 2 goals.  Was a whole season loan, but was sent back when he faked an injury and came off.  

I get a lot of folk here still give him some stick, but he has done well and got his head down.  Same with I am sure how the likes of St Mirren and Morton fans view Shankland.

Was talk of attitude issues but the loan was only until the 14th January and he played that day for us so maybe it was a mutual decision. Wouldn't blame him given some of the football we played that season.

Do think it's funny the amount of stick him and McKenna get as if players can't improve over time The likes of them and Cadden showed glimpses of quality with us but no consistency. More a case of wrong time than anything else.

5 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Why are we worried about a player who was here on lone when he was only a young guy.

It's relating to a discussion on Hibs board about the £2.4 Million and all the clubs which are due development payments.

Just now, itzdrk said:

Not against it if we get the fee we are looking for.  Don't need to replace him until the summer either. 

Unless you know of a banging striker about to be announced how would we not need to replace him until Summer?, is McKenzie/Bryden and Ashford suddenly going to score 15 goals between them for the rest of the season?

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Unless you know of a banging striker about to be announced how would we not need to replace him until Summer?, is McKenzie/Bryden and Ashford suddenly going to score 15 goals between them for the rest of the season?

We don't need 15 goals though.  We are playing to get 4 points. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

We don't need 15 goals though.  We are playing to get 4 points. 

Don't know if you're taking the piss or if this is our low expectations. Either which way the only way that this'll be acceptable is if we got a large fee for Dipo and spent it on this very window. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

From Nesbits time at Ayr and everywhere else he’s been, he appears to have a shocking attitude. 

I remember McCall shouting at him to get up one game when he was pretending to be injured, he then took the huff when he was subbed.

He then scored against us for Dunfermline, midway through the second half, 5min later he just sat down on the pitch before being substituted, it was like he’d just decided, nup, my games by, get me off. The only time I’ve seen anything like it was when Merengi walked off the park in a friendly against Motherwell, walked from the far side of the pitch to the dugout and said he was coming off. Roberts didn’t have a sub ready or anything.

Nesbit downed tools at Hibs when they blocked his move before, I don’t see him being a success at Millwall. 

The times i saw him playing at Hibs his work rate was outstanding and he looked to have a totally different attitude.  Polar opposite of what we got down at Ayr. Not sure what happened over his transfer but i wouldn't rule him out doing well elsewhere. One of the very few players in the top league who can actually cause the old firm genuine problems during games