The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

I suppose if they made us sign him permanently then he would be eligible to play them if it happened so in their best interests to leave it as a loan deal as you can't play against your parent club.

In the papers today they are trying to trim their squad to make money back for Covid payments and VAR payments.  The likelihood is they want him off their books altogether and trying to force a permanent move to free up the remainder of his contract/get a small fee.  We're probably playing a game of poker, maybe trying to hold out to January is finished, get him on a pre contract and not having to give him a full wage from our books to next season.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queens Park have gone about releasing a third shirt the right way, a shirt that is a bit different and in conjunction with a charity partner.

Our third kit is dull and largely pointless. 

There is no reason at all for our third kit to exist.

Apparent it is to commemorate the "strategic partnership" with Burnley. What has this "strategic partnership" yielded us to deserve to be commemorated as a third kit?

A commemorative plate would have been a better idea if we wanted to commemorate the "strategic partnership". You can at least eat biscuits off a plate.

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I presume the two players we’re trying to get are loans and we’re waiting for the parent club to sign someone to push them out the door? 

Hopefully one of them is of the Mullin mould, bit more experienced. Would take another Arsenal loan too if Kirk wants to put in a good word. 

Lewis Jamieson been recalled by St Mirren from a loan at Airdrie where he scored 8 goals in 18 matches. 

20 year old striker, possibility?

Motherwell about to sign another attacking player so expect Connor Shields/Barry Maguire or Dean Cornelius could be heading out on loan? 

I know everyone is bored and is looking for a signing or two but does it really matter whether we have a 3rd kit or not ?

If you like it buy it and if you don't, well, don't.

It's a bit like the retro kits for me, the choice / option is there, so I don't see why we should be slating the club about this.

Just now, WATTOO said:

so I don't see why we should be slating the club about this.

Yes and no

There was a huge opportunity there to work with a local charity and get a community buzz going around with a special 3rd kit, but they dedicate time and presumably money to some ugly looking thing that commemorates an absolutely pointless partnership

Of course it happened a while back and the same complaints were there, so when in absence of new banter, rehash old complaints :)

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I presume the two players we’re trying to get are loans and we’re waiting for the parent club to sign someone to push them out the door? 

It’s unclear whether we have identified two players who are likely to be signing. The part about closing in on two players suggests we have but then Bullen goes on to mention not panacking and not signing players for the sake of it. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s unclear whether we have identified two players who are likely to be signing. The part about closing in on two players suggests we have but then Bullen goes on to mention not panacking and not signing players for the sake of it. 

What I took from it is that we’re down the line with a couple but need to wait on other moves before completing them. Bullen saying that would suggest we’d rather wait to get the ones we want rather than go and sign someone who’s readily available.