The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hasn’t played since he left us at the start of the window last year. Presumably part time at Clyde & he’s based in the north east of England. He must be desperate to play football and at 24, he’s got time yet. Can probably play higher than Clyde but never a championship player.

Can't fault Salkeld for effort when he played for us, but he just wasn't good enough. Good luck to him though.

18 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

A full time team that possibly owns a ground sheet for the pitch? Amateur stuff right there. Desired right enough.

You should be thanking them for not getting the game on after that draw handing you a possible easy pass to the Quarters.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You should be thanking them for not getting the game on after that draw handing you a possible easy pass to the Quarters.

Any of us who have followed Ayr United for any length of time will know better than to regard the draw as an easy pass.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Any of us who have followed Ayr United for any length of time will know better than to regard the draw as an easy pass.

I know the feeling all to well.

However, surely looked on more favourably than home to St Mirren (the draw you would have got had you played and beat Cove)?

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I know the feeling all to well.

However, surely looked on more favourably than home to St Mirren (the draw you would have got had you played and beat Cove)?

A favourable draw in the sense that we would be favourites to beat Cove Rangers and either Elgin or Drumchapel.

However, we haven't exactly been playing well recently. I'd imagine that all three of those teams would be aware of that and fancy their chances of beating us.

This has been the quietest January I can remember. Besides Arbroath, no one has really done much which is a reflection on the transfer market itself. There’s very little out there besides young loans from the top flight which very rarely improves a team that much. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This has been the quietest January I can remember. Besides Arbroath, no one has really done much which is a reflection on the transfer market itself. There’s very little out there besides young loans from the top flight which very rarely improves a team that much. 

Was having a look at your thread earlier and only ICT have signed more players (2) than they have lost (1). Not sure if it’s due to lack of money because of the COL crisis. 

This transfer window has definitely been a slow burn. I hope it heats up with the finish line in sight!

It would be nice to even get some rumours going. Get a bit of intrigue and watching YouTube clips of some random talents. I miss that.

Alas its just been deathly quiet. It seems near universal though. Where have all the players gone? 

What The Hell Hello GIF by StoryMe

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Can't fault Salkeld for effort when he played for us, but he just wasn't good enough. Good luck to him though.

McKenzie seems to have done better in the same position. Definitely not one of the better Ayr players in recent years, though, it was during the 'Hopkin Greenock Hop-on' transfers.