The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

Maybe an imminent tonight will take our minds off tomorrow…

Game being off tomorrow could work against us in signing aspect, no cup game happening tomorrow means we don't know if we're progressing into the next round of the cup and getting a payday cup tie or not which could be the difference between affording a signing or not...

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Game being off tomorrow could work against us in signing aspect, no cup game happening tomorrow means we don't know if we're progressing into the next round of the cup and getting a payday cup tie or not which could be the difference between affording a signing or not...

Regardless of progressing In the cut we should still have space and wages to add 2/3. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Weston away to Cove. Know he was spoke about on here as a potential want 

Good.  We don't need someone who does what JML and Daire already do.  

Find it a bit strange there has never been a new date announced for the Morton game. 

Unless clubs were waiting to see if they got through to the next round of the cup and if not they were they were thinking of playing it that cup weekend. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Find it a bit strange there has never been a new date announced for the Morton game. 

Unless clubs were waiting to see if they got through to the next round of the cup and if not they were they were thinking of playing it that cup weekend. 

Aye that was my thinking- Morton will go out to Celtic so they were maybe waiting to see if we lost as well.  

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Could work for us , knowing who we are going play in next round on Sunday , if it’s a big team could force our hand to get players to play in the rearranged game to ensure we have a much better chance of progressing 

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did the players travel up today or are they holding off due to pitch inspection. 

Cancelled overnight stay , due to being told game was extremely doubtful, travelling tomorrow at 9am if game survives 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Cancelled overnight stay , due to being told game was extremely doubtful, travelling tomorrow at 9am if game survives 

Is the re-arranged date not the 31st January, the last day of the window so we’ll have to have the players in by then regardless. 

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is the re-arranged date not the 31st January, the last day of the window so we’ll have to have the players in by then regardless. 

That’s correct , who they could play in the next could possibly allow them to spend more money in the window 

7 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

could force our hand to get players to play in the rearranged game to ensure we have a much better chance of progressing 

I'm sure only players eligible for today's game can play in the rearranged game, unless I've made up that rule in my head.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

I'm sure only players eligible for today's game can play in the rearranged game, unless I've made up that rule in my head.

Any player signed who have not played in previous round can play I believe 

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Any player signed who have not played in previous round can play I believe 

Rule 12.5 is:

When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match