The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Inverness v Queens Park in cup postponed - means QP have to go there for replay on Tuesday 31st before we play them on Friday 3rd.   Would be good if we could manage to get our game played tomorrow to avoid having to have our replay on same night.   

I realise I've almost certainly jinxed it now of course.

Cove have a plastic pitch, so don't see any reason why it should be cancelled.

I just hope we're in a position to put out a half decent team !!

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Yeah, not great for us with Dundee the weekend before too. Probably contraversial but personally starting to feel Coyle et al need to decide our priority and set the team up accordingly

Nothing controversial at all, some of us were actually thinking the same thing ourselves, although we're away to cove twice within the space of 6 days !!

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Can't see this being on - inspection that early is surely just to confirm the away fans don't need to travel.  

Screenshot_20230120_144659_Twitter.jpg

8am, will still be dark at that time. Not holding much hope that it goes ahead either now to be honest. 

Away to check where else I might be able to go to catch a game. Will be a SC tie somewhere fairly close I hope. Maybe go to Gayfield

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

A lot of pitch inspections being announced for tomorrow. Can see it being a bit of a shite Scottish cup weekend with loads of fixtures rearranged for midweeks.

Looks like I picked the right weekend for a Golf trip to Spain !!

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think the weather has to be milder overnight so not worried that it will be postponed 

Pitch looking good !!!! Would say chances of being off are very high 

That’s state of pitch less than hour ago , the surface on pitch is frozen as well doesn’t show on the picture 

3EED353C-7E38-4798-993E-95428245B967.jpeg

Edited by Finlay21

36 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Pitch looking good !!!! Would say chances of being off are very high 

That’s state of pitch less than hour ago , the surface on pitch is frozen as well doesn’t show on the picture 

3EED353C-7E38-4798-993E-95428245B967.jpeg

Given our injury situation and current lack of available players, then I'd say it's a blessing that the game's likely to be off.

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m no groudsman admittedly, but when your pitch is covered with a literal sheet of ice it begs the question have Cove actually gone to any effort to get the game on?

That’s exactly my thoughts. That ice would melt with salt and grit. 

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Given our injury situation and current lack of available players, then I'd say it's a blessing that the game's likely to be off.

I'm not so sure - that leaves us with Cove A Cove A Queens Park A in a Friday - Tuesday - Friday run coming up.  The way things are going I dread to think what sort of XI we will be able to put out by the time we get to the Queens game 

The temps are looking above freezing for Aberdeen but the wind chill factor will probably keep it frozen by 8am tomorrow.

The weather has been quite dastardly this Winter. Morton was an unexpected frosty one before subsequent days of mild weather, last Sunday was perfect for football after Saturday's hurricane and this Sunday in Aberdeen is looking decent too.

Best we win the league to make up for it.