The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think we will hear something soon , 

well there is only 12 days left in window ,

I’d hope we won’t be letting anyone else go as it’ll be tough enough to get two in without also having to replace Mullin. 

31 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I recall the club taking it up with local MPs and MSPs.  Should not have bothered. 

That must have been to try and hurry up the paperwork after already getting the  governing body endorsement required.

How he got that though is still anybody guess.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

That must have been to try and hurry up the paperwork after already getting the  governing body endorsement required.

I don't think they need to go on trial for Immigration officials or anything 🤣

Basically we were applying for a work permit for a French national who was plying his trade in the Slovakian Premier league, so no reason at all why we'd be denied the visa.

I'm assuming the SFA knocked it back either due to issues with the proposed contract or for personal issues relating to Cifti himself as opposed to their perception of his footballing ability.

Edited by WATTOO

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Was it just a six month contract?  Possibly could have been a factor, Bangala got a 2 year deal.

10 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Speaking of Bangala - how on earth did they give him a work permit?

He got an exemption visa I think, which would be the same for anyone coming over to take up a post. 

Bangala has a two year contract, with accommodation provided. From a work permit point of view, it was always likely. 
If he was an international, with the correct criteria for a visa, then he would have been waved through the process. Bangala didn’t meet that criteria and It took 3-4 months for Bangala to get his. 
I imagine that if he’d been on a years deal, more or less 9 months in real terms, he wouldn’t have got one. 

Inverness v Queens Park in cup postponed - means QP have to go there for replay on Tuesday 31st before we play them on Friday 3rd.   Would be good if we could manage to get our game played tomorrow to avoid having to have our replay on same night.   

I realise I've almost certainly jinxed it now of course.

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Inverness v Queens Park in cup postponed - means QP have to go there for replay on Tuesday 31st before we play them on Friday 3rd.   Would be good if we could manage to get our game played tomorrow to avoid having to have our replay on same night.   

I realise I've almost certainly jinxed it now of course.

Yeah, not great for us with Dundee the weekend before too. Probably contraversial but personally starting to feel Coyle et al need to decide our priority and set the team up accordingly