The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That’s a good result for us in the grand scheme of things. Off the back of two bad results and against a team that whilst not being good, are still fighting for their lives. Mullin and Chalmers did well although I can’t help but feel they play a lot better and offer more when they switch positions. Mullin is all about crosses and needs to be getting the ball on his right foot to do so. Chalmers offers a lot from either side but his delivery off his left is really good as well. Hope Murdoch isn’t out for too long either. Hewitt and Smith are okay but aren’t ready for an extended run of games imo. 

Keep reminding myself of the progress made over the last year, but there’s no escaping the fact that our only tactic is to hit Dipo early, and since he had an absolute stinker today, we just looked completely toothless.  Hopefully we can add a different type of midfielder (we’d be nuts to knock back McInroy if he was available), as we desperately need a Plan B at times.

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Is McInroy available?

Unless someone has McInnes number then we'll not know for sure.

Came off the bench for them today for the last 5 minutes so he's not exactly completely out the picture there, probably depends on who they bring in so wouldn't likely know until nearer the end of the month.

Thought Hamilton looked like a shadow of the side we beat 3-2 earlier in the season. Not a great home performance, but comfortably the better side and the more dangerous. Thought a few of our guys made some poor decisions to stall attacks, but it's that part of the season where results matter much more than performance, so can't complain too much.

I know most of us predicted it but it really has been a terrible move for McInroy so far - on the rare occasions getting a chance he has been hung out to dry playing left back and has had shite like Polworth start ahead of him in central midfield in others. He absolutely needed another year in the championship to develop. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know most of us predicted it but it really has been a terrible move for McInroy so far - on the rare occasions getting a chance he has been hung out to dry playing left back and has had shite like Polworth start ahead of him in central midfield in others. He absolutely needed another year in the championship to develop. 

He can blame his agent for that...

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He absolutely jumped too early. Going from League 1 to the Championship can be a move too soon for some but to do League 1 to the Premiership in the space of a few months is a step too far.

I’d take him back in a heartbeat tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

McInroy reaping what he sowed with his stupid comments about Ayr when he signed up there.

For that reason i personally don't think he'll come back to us, also the way they announced the signing too was petty. 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Why, what did he say?

“I wanted to go to a club that wanted me and play at the highest level possible. I spoke to the manager and he really wanted to get me in so that had a big helping hand in my decision.

“I look forward to bedding in as quickly as possible and seeing how I fit in to the squad.”

Edited by rb123!

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He absolutely jumped too early. Going from League 1 to the Championship can be a move too soon for some but to do League 1 to the Premiership in the space of a few months is a step too far.

I’d take him back in a heartbeat tbh. 

Definitely. He complements Dempsey very well and can play both a deeper role and more of a supporting role. 

Doesn’t seem that big a deal to me.  He’s not responsible for their Twitter account and don’t see anything controversial about wanting to play at the highest level possible.  Folk seem to forget that Shankland had verbally agreed to sign for us then disappeared off to Morton at the last minute.   No hard feelings there…!

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Doesn’t seem that big a deal to me.  He’s not responsible for their Twitter account and don’t see anything controversial about wanting to play at the highest level possible.  Folk seem to forget that Shankland had verbally agreed to sign for us then disappeared off to Morton at the last minute.   No hard feelings there…!

He said more than that, something about not having a problem crossing the divide because he was only at Ayr five minutes and doesn't care about the club.

Found it:

“I didn’t really have any reservations about crossing the divide from Ayr. 

"I was only there for a few months, it was only a short-term loan, so it didn’t really bother me.

Edited by Iain

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

He said more than that, something about not having a problem crossing the divide because he was only at Ayr five minutes and doesn't care about the club.

Did he? Only thing I saw was the post Killie made when he signed. 

If he did say that then he can rightly f**k off.