The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Perhaps, but it won't be a genuine offer. Very few clubs in Scotland could afford him, and those which could won't sign him.

The bid is probably £50k because they have heard that's what the lads on Sportsound think Ayr would be absolutely delighted to accept.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s not fair in the slightest. Ashford has had more good games this season that Mitchell-Lawson unless you’re just going to ignore the form in which he started the season. He was outstanding at home against Dundee when playing on the left as well. It’s when he lost his place in the team and then had to settle for cameo appearances that he’s struggled. 

Ashford also had plenty good games last season without scoring in them. 

Yes, Ashford when playing regularly seemed to make the whole team in general much more solid and while he himself missed a few sitters, he DID get into very good positions and helped drag players away from Dipo and others. 

Even at his best he's most certainly behind both Chalmers and Mullin in the pecking order, however if he gets his confidence back there's definitely a place for him in the squad.

As for JML, he started the season very well and looked like he'd be a real asset, however he's also lost all his confidence and a winger who refuses to try and beat his man is not worth having plus he doesn't offer anything from a defensive perspective or in the air which is something which can't be aimed at Ashford.

Quite happy with where we are and don't see major surgery being needed to the squad. Hewitt coming back² relieves the pressure at full back. Musonda's injury record suggests we need a back up central defender. We really only have Dempsey and Murdoch in the centre of midfield so a bit of experience in there as cover would be useful along with another striker to help Dipo or give him a rest. If we need to offload one or two to get what we need then so be it but there are a few candidates who haven't lived up to their billing or have gone backwards since August. Have faith that Bullen, Mathie and Glendinning can deliver the players we need then win the next four league games to put us back on top of the pile. Mon Ayr.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

A huge boost but what has happened to Musonda? Still a few weeks away?

Bully said in Press Conference one of the Cove games was the target for him which i found a bit surprising with it being astro.

Houston is supposed to be back in training next week so could be back in squad for Arbroath depending on how training goes. 

Wonder if Bangala will ever see the pitch again for us? I highly doubt it.

I'd be disappointed to see Daire leave, he's a better option than JML for sure, lacks the pace but he adds much more to our all round play than Jayden. It all depends whom we bring in this month - sounds like we will need a replacement for Dipo 😆

Edited by Shibuya

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

A huge boost but what has happened to Musonda? Still a few weeks away?

If I had to guess he’s done his hamstring during the Morton game and then had a setback at some point in the recovery. 

I’d say regardless of the status of Kirk and Musonda, we could do with another centre back. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If I had to guess he’s done his hamstring during the Morton game and then had a setback at some point in the recovery. 

I’d say regardless of the status of Kirk and Musonda, we could do with another centre back. 

Aye, running with three is just too tight and playing full backs at centre back isn't a solution.

As an aside, when was the last time we produced a centre back of our own? I genuinely cannot remember a centre back starting from the Academy. That's not a criticism btw, more of an observation.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, running with three is just too tight and playing full backs at centre back isn't a solution.

As an aside, when was the last time we produced a centre back of our own? I genuinely cannot remember a centre back starting from the Academy. That's not a criticism btw, more of an observation.

I might be forgetting someone but I think McCall started Craig McCracken in a few games at the start of his tenure. He obviously left us for Talbot and scored the goal that knocked us out the cup. 

In an ideal world we would sign a centre back on loan with a view to them signing permanently in the summer and replacing Kirk. Would give them a few months to bed in that way. 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Derek Allan ?