The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, madton said:

Since we got relegated in 1988, we've challenged properly twice, in 2012-2013, 1995-96.

Absolutely shite, but not quite as shite as 1987.

We're quite similar, except we haven't been promoted from the second tier since the 60's.  

Just before my time of attending matches, Ayr were 2nd and 3rd on a few occasions during the Bill Barr era, late 90's/early 00's.  

I thought in 2018/19 we had a real chance, especially after 5-0 away at Dundee United, but after the nightmare of the Talbot cup result and apparently Shankland's head being turned, it seemed like we barely kicked a ball.  The early season form was good enough to still get Ayr the last play-off spot, but we were outplayed by Inverness.  

Just listened to Bully's pre match interview . It hints at a crack on with what we have speech,  unless we can get a few out on loan or just out . You could imagine us trying to get Bryden , Smith and maybe Bangala out for six months to try and get them game time but I don't that would free up a lot of cash , maybe enough for one quality operator.  However if we were talking about O'connor or JML then that would be more akin to a one out one in . Cant help feeling  O'connor in particular would run a mock in L1 with a Falkirk or Dunfermline,  if they indeed were looking for a right winger .. Anyway it's a just get through these next few games until Houston,  Mousona etc are back sinario .

So game day at last , none much harder than Morton away . On a positive note Dipo will now know he's up against a pretty good opponent in Effie , hopefulling he can up his game accordingly and drag us through this ... 

19 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Canny be the only one seeing this as a positive 😂

Aye I’m quite pleased although I was never making the journey for it. 

Hopefully gives us the chance to get Kirk back for Saturday.

45 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Canny be the only one seeing this as a positive 😂

Aye, having given it some thought I am actually kinda pleased now.

Gives us a chance to let some of the squad recover ahead of two homes games against the poorest sides in the league. Really should be winning both of the next two.

There are others I would rather see go ahead of O'Connor, but if it were to free up a wage that would allow us the shore up another area of the pitch where we are weaker, then I wouldn't be against it too much. We do have quite a few wide players after all.

51 minutes ago, AuAl said:

There are others I would rather see go ahead of O'Connor, but if it were to free up a wage that would allow us the shore up another area of the pitch where we are weaker, then I wouldn't be against it too much. We do have quite a few wide players after al

Pretty much agree with the above , if it let's us get a proper DCM or second striker in . Hewitt will fill in at RB until Houston is properly fit (not rushed) then I suppose he'll cover Murdy and Ben . 

I'd rather we kept O'Connor tbh, I think there's a decent player there and if something were to happen to Mullin or Chalmers I'd much rather have him in than JML.

That said, he's not had much luck with injury at Ayr, but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to move somewhere with more minutes. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Glentoran apparently interested in signing Daire O’Connor. He’s a player I’d like to keep but I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to move on for more game time. 

No loss.  Keen on this happening. 

10 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I see Hewitt not playing today for Peterhead and not on bench, he has played every game for them, so I take it we have recalled him which we badly need, can play full back and  midfield would be the obvious thing to do.

He was announced by the club  as returning  this morning 

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit of a worrying statement there about bullens one in, one out policy 

Not if the ones coming in are better than the ones going out , we have a big squad and must send some out to make space , we also have OcConnor, Kirk , Musonda and Houston coming back within next 2 weeks