The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Totally daft suggestion, but I see Charlie Austin has joined Swindon. That will move Tomi down the pecking order. A cheeky loan to end of the season with the Honest Men?

Dunno how that would go. He doesn't seem like the type that would be happy at Dipo being the main man, could see strops galore. On the other hand it could cause him to buckle down and motivate him. Not sure Bullen would want to have to deal with the extra workload that comes with him either.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Totally daft suggestion, but I see Charlie Austin has joined Swindon. That will move Tomi down the pecking order. A cheeky loan to end of the season with the Honest Men?

Wouldn’t thank you for him. 

Would be interesting to see how he gets on in a team that creates more chances and ultimately has better players but I don’t think he’d be content not being the main man in that team.

Think Ayr United and the fans owe Tomi a huge debt of gratitude for last season, undoubtedly kept us up, however I think both club and player have moved on so don't really see it happening and probably for the best. Just throwing a name in here but what about Oli Shaw on loan from the great unwashed, he hardly plays now for them, but managed 14 goals last season in the championship being I think their top scorer, surely even further out the picture when the big bigot returns, don't know the relationship between the clubs on an operational level so unsure if its possible but would be much better than that lump Innes Cameron and after all his dad did play for us.........just a thought btw

I really don’t think we need to be going all out on another striker. Unless a stupid offer comes in for Dipo he’ll still be here, McKenzie will stay and I think he’s been really good when used up front. We’ll also have Young, Bryden and Ashford. Young could potentially end up going back to Villa if they aren’t satisfied with his playing time or Bryden could end up leaving on loan. No one seems to know what Ashfords actual position is either. If Young leaves then we’d maybe need to replace him but I wouldn’t say it’s a priority right now. 

I'd say striker isn't the biggest priority position, RB/CB/CM area should take priority IMO

In saying that i wouldn't be surprised if Young goes back to Villa, has hardly set the world alight with standout performances and i'd imagine with the villa wage he's probably one of the highest earners. If that was to happen then you'd imagine we'd need to dip into the market for another striker on loan.

Edited by rb123!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Dipo doesn't get injured then, because no other striker is scoring, McKenzie usually does OK ,Young flatters for me, Bryden has promise but isn't ready and Ashford as a forward isn't anywhere near good enough, I agree possibly a 10 type maybe more useful, but we do need a different option for Dipo 

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

I'd say striker isn't the biggest priority position, RB/CB/CM area should take priority IMO

In saying that i wouldn't be surprised if Young goes back to Villa, has hardly set the world alight with standout performances and i'd imagine with the villa wage he's probably one of the highest earners. If that was to happen then you'd imagine we'd need to dip into the market for another striker on loan.

Don’t think we are paying much for Young or Kirk , some clubs send players out  just to get experience and used to working and living outwith their  comfort zones 

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t thank you for him. 

Would be interesting to see how he gets on in a team that creates more chances and ultimately has better players but I don’t think he’d be content not being the main man in that team.

Think Tommys days at Ayr are behind him , was decent when here but we were certainly mucked us about during the close season waiting on a decision which dragged on much longer than it needed to mostly on his behalf ( not helped by his agent ) 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t think we are paying much for Young or Kirk , some clubs send players out  just to get experience and used to working and living outwith their  comfort zones 

Fair enough, winner for us then. Any likeliness of signings early next month or you under instructions to keep quiet on that lol

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Fair enough, winner for us then. Any likeliness of signings early next month or you under instructions to keep quiet on that lol

Honestly no idea who will be coming in , but feel we will likely both have some incoming and outgoings , I think we will see Hewitt back which will be a bonus as he is now at full fitness and could cover that right back position 

Dipo and Tomi up front would be brilliant, but can’t see it happening.  At the end of the day, Tomi got into double figures in a properly lousy Ayr team.  And at the moment, McKenzie, Young and Ashford are taking it in turns to be not good enough as a partner for Dipo.