The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was in hospitality today and had a chat with Ian McCall before the game.  He was very confident that not a single Ayr player would get into his current Partick or his previous Ayr side.   When Pushed said he would take Andy Murdoch as a sub.  Sadly in the end there was no way to prove him wrong in the end 

I can only assume that he was very drunk or just popped a couple of hundred Mushies.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I can only assume that he was very drunk or just popped a couple of hundred Mushies.

To be fair, it was 30 mins or so before kick off.    Told us they were going to target the full backs and keep Brian Graham away from McGinty.   I don't mind the guy, was quite happy to admit Ayr saved his career and especially loves Lachlan Cameron. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Ashford was gubbins, Chalmers has to start Friday. 

I assume Chalmers had taken a knock in training and couldn't play 90 mins? If it was tactical, then it failed spectacularly and Ashford shouldn't be starting before Chalmers ever again.

Edited by Trogdor

33 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I assume Chalmers had taken a knock in training and couldn't play 90 mins? If it was tactical, then it failed spectacularly and Ashford shouldn't be starting before Chalmers ever again.

Apparently he was one of the ones with this bug last week so didn't think he'd last more than 45 minutes 

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

Was in hospitality today and had a chat with Ian McCall before the game.  He was very confident that not a single Ayr player would get into his current Partick or his previous Ayr side.   When Pushed said he would take Andy Murdoch as a sub.  Sadly in the end there was no way to prove him wrong in the end 

Poor you having to listen to that. What an absolute c**t of a man *

*thanks for the memories though Ian

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

That pish stained *** is at it 😂

Was hoping for a draw today, bottom line is Ayr can’t do well when there two best centre backs are out injured. Had a good chat with the Raith guys last game and they said they loved Musonda but he was very injury prone, and wee knocks seemed to take forever to clear up and that’s why they let him go. I was told that he could have played against Pollok but we’re keeping him for the Raith game, well that’s gone and he’s still out, so have we signed a big chocolate centre back or what.

On 17/12/2022 at 21:56, Trogdor said:

We had 7/8 players who missed a number of training sessions over the week due to the winter bug , the majority of the team would have running on empty in the latter stages of the game 

My main takeaway from Saturday is while we have a pretty decent starting 11, more than capable of getting at least a playoff place the drop off is quite big. It feels like we’re always just a couple of injuries away from a crisis. 

I don’t think we should or will break the bank in January however there is no doubt we need a few additions in January to cement our playoff place/push for that title. In an ideal world we’ll be adding two fullbacks, centre back and depending on the severity of Ben Dempsey injury possibly a centre mid aswell. 

What’s been annoying all season is communication with the club about injuries and how long players have been out for. Yes you can’t tell exactly how long a player is out for but useful for fans to know. Take O’Connor for example, went off injured a month ago and nothing said whatsoever. 

I’d like to say in advance of any other teams support posting the disturbing video making the rounds on social media in a petty point scoring exercise. I would like to point out that I for one am embarrassed by its content and am against it 100%

Somerset Boab, dancing outside the Somerset road end turnstiles, Lit by car headlights is not something that I can support in good conscience.