The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My cousins weans are nipping my head about this calendar signing. Finlay will I be able to pick up one on the night? Dont want to be the grinch that stole their Christmas if we get there and there is no calendars left 🤣

You will be save getting a calendar , we upped order by nearly 50% 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

The Christmas jumpers look absolutely smashing. 

All adult sizes sold out , fantastic take up from the fans , gives us a great deal of confidence on ordering for next year , Arbroath were selling the same make of jumper as us ( obviously different colour and logo ) totally ripping off fans at £45 where we were £24.99 

45 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

All adult sizes sold out , fantastic take up from the fans , gives us a great deal of confidence on ordering for next year , Arbroath were selling the same make of jumper as us ( obviously different colour and logo ) totally ripping off fans at £45 where we were £24.99 

I must have got one of the last ones then. I got mine earlier. 

I remember in the 87/88 season, we were getting bigger crowds than some premier league games, Umbro couldn’t supply us any strips and Matchwinner stepped in to supply replica home tops only. 

If we stay in the hunt for the league, the demand for kits and merchandise will increase, it’s typical Ayr that reasons outwith our control cause us problems 

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bully saying 1 or 2 players will be out with "bumps and bruises", get a feeling this is other ones on top of the 3 out we already knew about...

We don’t really have cover in any area of the pitch right now so that is a major worry…

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

We've got at least one backup option in every position outside the defence at the moment to be fair. 

We don’t have any decent cover anywhere other than the wide positions, and even there Daire is injured and JML is incredibly inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Kappa would be a touch of class but it'd probably end up being £60 a top for a club of our size. 

My money is on Joma. 

I'd pay £60 for a smart, well made top. I'd object to paying £50 for a cheap template like some of the Nike ones we used to get. 

4 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Kappa would be a touch of class but it'd probably end up being £60 a top for a club of our size. 

My money is on Joma. 

Yep, it'll either be Joma, Macron or maybe Puma, none of which I'd like.  The modern templates by the lesser brands have lost all the charm that the likes of say Pony or Asics had during the 90's

Obviously the club should take the best deal offered, but personally I'd like it if we went with an obscure brand.  ZN Sport do a decent job with the Loch Ness kits.

Was in hospitality today and had a chat with Ian McCall before the game.  He was very confident that not a single Ayr player would get into his current Partick or his previous Ayr side.   When Pushed said he would take Andy Murdoch as a sub.  Sadly in the end there was no way to prove him wrong in the end 

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was in hospitality today and had a chat with Ian McCall before the game.  He was very confident that not a single Ayr player would get into his current Partick or his previous Ayr side.   When Pushed said he would take Andy Murdoch as a sub.  Sadly in the end there was no way to prove him wrong in the end 

Sad to see that the man has relapsed. 

So Bangala released in January or the summer? 

Defence badly shown up today, particularly the fullbacks. Will be a template for other teams going forward until we get injuries back, not too hopeful for Dundee.

Very poor today and yet we were still in it, had a good twenty minutes to push for an equaliser. Ashford was gubbins, Chalmers has to start Friday. 

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Pish stained trackie patter from him.