The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 11/12/2022 at 16:51, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

That's our home game against Hamilton off on Jan 7th thanks to yesterday's result. If Queens Park win their next tie it would also move the away game in February to midweek too. 

Absolute joke. 

Ugh that's shit. Any idea when we will play the Hamilton game? I'd planned to take my cousins weans to that as a "new year" treat 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ugh that's shit. Any idea when we will play the Hamilton game? I'd planned to take my cousins weans to that as a "new year" treat 

No - I assume the clubs will have to agree a new date shortly. I wouldn't be surprised if its the following Tuesday night after the original date. 

On 10/12/2022 at 00:30, itzdrk said:

Screenshot_20221210-002319.thumb.png.adc29e24af779ccccfff973a8f61e36a.png

This is (IMO) the key run of games in our season.  The following match is away at Dens to start the final quarter so we probably can't afford to drop much during this run.  

As an aside it would be nice if that Cove match was a Friday night TV game since we are there the week prior in the cup, save folk some cash.  

Call me psychic

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That will be Coves two home games shown already I think. Wonder what one at Somerset the BBC will chose to show. Maybe the Raith Rovers one on the night we win the title 😉

Now that would be special ....

19 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just seen the draw for the diddy Cup and they appear to have changed the dates, ties now being played Jan 10/11. So the Hamilton league game should be fine. 

I put the original diddy cup dates in my phone to watch for potential league game changes. So either the website had the original dates wrong or someone has seen sense to change these games to midweek. 

See the numpties up the road have got plans to build a training ground base on the outskirts of the town. 

Would imagine somewhere along the line of Smith's framework for the club after the stand will be plans for a permanent training base to be used also by academy etc 

4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Just seen the draw for the diddy Cup and they appear to have changed the dates, ties now being played Jan 10/11. So the Hamilton league game should be fine. 

I put the original diddy cup dates in my phone to watch for potential league game changes. So either the website had the original dates wrong or someone has seen sense to change these games to midweek. 

Ah that's good news! Saves the Saturday for proper games! Cheers for that 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With this elite sports group going into administration what does that mean for our strips?

It means simply we will have no Hummel products of any sort being replenished for the foreseeable future  or if at all , looking like we will be having a new company for next season 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It means simply we will have no Hummel products of any sort being replenished for the foreseeable future  or if at all , looking like we will be having a new company for next season 

Presume this will lead to a delay in new kits next season as well as I think the designs are in about this time are they not? 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

That's a bit of a disaster for the club and the shop.

Would imagine the plans for next seasons strip would have been well along the road too which will probably need to get changed. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Presume this will lead to a delay in new kits next season as well as I think the designs are in about this time are they not? 

I believe one of the suppliers being considered can knock up a strip ready for sale around May-June ,

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That's a bit of a disaster for the club and the shop.

Would imagine the plans for next seasons strip would have been well along the road too which will probably need to get changed. 

Will definitely need to be changed , could not have happened at a worse time for the clubs finances , one of the busiest times of the year and stock is already becoming very limited 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Will definitely need to be changed , could not have happened at a worse time for the clubs finances , one of the busiest times of the year and stock is already becoming very limited 

Hopefully might be able to claim some money back for losses as a result of this etc

Realistically the obvious choices are Macron, Joma, or Nike/Adidas teamwear.  

Macrons sizes are off but their kit is actually quite good quality and can probably easily do custom designs.  Joma doesn't appear to be highly regarded by supporters of their teams but the stuff looks OK.  Teamwear is fine but you end up with the same kits as pub and youth teams more often than not.  

Umbro have had a bit of a resurgence this last few years- did they not make Ayr kits in the past? 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

How low they getting, needing to get one of those zipped training tops for a four year old for xmas , will I need to come in sharpish instead of leaving it to the last minute?

Are they available in the pop up shop?

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

How low they getting, needing to get one of those zipped training tops for a four year old for xmas , will I need to come in sharpish instead of leaving it to the last minute?

Are they available in the pop up shop?

Would suggest getting to shop ASAP , think we only have them available in 5/6 now